Registered Nurse - RN Home Health - Home Health
Company: Amedisys Inc
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Registered Nurse - RN Home HealthWhat You Will Do
Provides, coordinates, and directs the provision of home nursing
care according to physician's orders based on agency policies and
procedures, through the competent application of the nursing
* Demonstrates knowledge of home care and competency in discipline
specific patient care skills, required by the care center for the
provision of patient care.
* May be assigned RN visits as member of care team, and/or may be
required to supervise a patient caseload, including LPN's and
* Performs patient comprehensive assessments, as assigned, and
collaborates with patient multi-disciplinary care team (PT, OT, ST,
MSW and paraprofessionals) and other health care professionals to
develop/modify and implement an individualized plan of care as per
physician orders that ensures quality, proper discharge planning
and achieves desired outcomes and goals.
* Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by
communicating information (for example, changes in the plan of
care, new orders, lab results, etc) timely, effectively and
systematically with all team members providing care to the patient.
Facilitates interdisciplinary communication and follow-up through
care coordination on assigned patients and/or caseload of patients
for duration they are on service.
* Provides patient episode management per company protocol.
* Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the
patient's needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
* Utilizes a combination of care center resources and rationally
recognizes standards of practice to achieve positive clinical
* Participates in clinical outcomes monitoring, follow up and care
center performance improvement initiatives.
* Initiates, plans and provides staff education and performs
competency and skills validation for staff as needed.
* Utilizes accepted company teaching materials in patient/family
* Regularly communicates patient progress to the clinical
* Completes documentation timely, accurately, and at the point of
care, according to industry standards, conventions and guidelines,
including OASIS assessments, SOC/Admissions, Recertifications,
ABN's, subsequent visits, physician orders, care coordination,
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered
* Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual
recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one
license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other
states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state's
practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC
state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
* One (1 ) year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse (RN).
If less than 1 year clinical experience as a RN, candidate must be
approved by VP Clinical.
* Current CPR certification.
* Able to assess patient status and identify requirements relative
to age specific needs.
* Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer,
such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail;
navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using
files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool
bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Inc, Fort Worth , Registered Nurse - RN Home Health - Home Health, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!