RN Patient Placement Coordinator - Fort Worth, TX - Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 23, 2022
RN Patient Placement Coordinator - Fort Worth, TX Who We AreJPS
Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system
in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features 75
locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital --home
to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, only
psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest hospital-based
family medical residency program in the nation - and more than 40
community-based clinics. All told, our network employs more than
7,200 people.Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group
featuring over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network.
Specialties range from primary care to general surgery and trauma.
The Acclaim group formed around a common set of incentives and
expectations supporting the operational, financial, and clinical
performanceoutcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high
quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every
time.Why JPS?We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most
dedicated people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the
people of our community get the care they need and deserve. As
community stewards, we abide by three rules:1. Own it.Everyone who
wears the JPS badge contributes to our journey to excellence.2.
Seek joy.Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients, smile,
and emphasize positivity.3. Don't be a jerk.Everyone is treated
with courtesy and respect. Smiling, laughter, compassion - key
components of our everyday experience at JPS.When working here,
you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and dedication. We look
forward to meeting you!For more information, visit .To view all job
vacancies, visit or .Job Description:Description: The RN Patient
Placement Coordinator assesses Emergency Department (ED) patient
admissions, discharges, and inpatient bed availability. This job
also develops, coordinates, and implements plans for patient
assignments that accommodate patient needs, unit workload, and
physician preferences. Typical Duties:
- Assumes roles and responsibilities for all three roles; Front
flow, Backflow or Behavioral Health Flow Coordinator.
- Facilitates and manages patient flow throughout the department
to ensure that patients are expeditiously moved into the treatment
area and wait time is minimized.
- Coordinates with ED Physicians to identify patients eligible
and appropriate for Results Pending to facilitate movement of ED
patients before, during, and after determination of treatment
- Facilitates movement of patients to other areas/units and
- Evaluates the admission and transfer process for patients,
families, and physicians on an individual and collective
- Coordinates with the Results Pending Nurse and other staff
nurses to identify patients who are Results Pending appropriate and
to move those patients to the RP area in a timely manner. Assist
with discharges as appropriate.
- Reviews all admissions including the charting of the primary
nurse for completeness, fax report to the receiving units, and
makes preparation for the patients immediate transport to the
- Maintains knowledge of the actual and potential disposition
status of the patients in the Emergency Department.
- Provides support and resources to staff and physicians.
- Respond to all Priority Alerts in the department
- Identifies barriers to the admission and discharge process and
suggests solutions in conjunction with the ED and Hospital
- Contributes to the achievement of the departments metrics
including but not limited to: door-to-discharge, bed
assigned-to-discharge, and Left without Being Seen rate.
- Attends all Bed Control meetings while on duty to represent the
interest of the patients in the emergency department.
- Participates as a member of the ED Leadership Team, is Team
Leader capable and attends leadership meetings/committees.
- Leads all Provider and Leader huddles to facilitate throughput
plan and movement of patients.
- Functions as needed as the backup for EMS triage, to support
incoming EMS flow.
- Acts as Behavioral Flow Coordinator by managing legal
documents, detention warrants, i.e. and oversees BH processes.
- Responsible for the care of patients in the ED by way of
assessment, treatment planning, and medication administration.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Required Education and
- Associates Degree from an accredited school of professional
- 2 plus years of emergency department experience. Preferred
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree from an accredited school of
- 2 plus years of trauma experience at a Level I or II trauma
center. Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of
Texas and another state.
- Current JPS recognized BLS certification and must be maintained
- Successful completion of background screening. Preferred
- National Nursing Certification in related specialty area.
Location Address: 1575 S. Main StreetFort Worth, Texas, 76104United
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN Patient Placement Coordinator - Fort Worth, TX - Clinical Nurse Coordinator, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!