RN - Med Surg - Respiratory Pulmonary Unit (T11) 7p-7a - Fort Worth, TX - Med Surg
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 23, 2022
RN - Med Surg - Respiratory Pulmonary Unit (T11) 7p-7a - Fort
Worth, TX Who We AreJPS Health Network is a $950 million,
tax-supported health care system in North Texas. Licensed for 578
beds, the network features 75 locations across Fort Worth, with
John Peter Smith Hospital --home to Tarrant County's first and only
Level 1 Trauma Center, only psychiatric emergency services site,
and the largest hospital-based family medical residency program in
the nation - and more than 40 community-based clinics. All told,
our network employs more than 7,200 people.Acclaim is our
multispecialty medical practice group featuring over 300 providers
serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range from primary care
to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group formed around a
common set of incentives and expectations supporting the
operational, financial, and clinical performanceoutcomes of the
network. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate
clinical care for every patient, every time.Why JPS?We're more than
a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated people you could ever
meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of our community get the
care they need and deserve. As community stewards, we abide by
three rules:1. Own it.Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes
to our journey to excellence.2. Seek joy.Every day, every shift, we
celebrate our patients, smile, and emphasize positivity.3. Don't be
a jerk.Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect. Smiling,
laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday experience at
JPS.When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and
dedication. We look forward to meeting you!For more information,
visit .To view all job vacancies, visit or .Job
Description:Description: The RN Med Surg assesses, plans, directs,
implements, and assists to provide quality patient care for
assigned patients. The RN Med Surg is responsible for directing
patient care for licensed and ancillary staff on his/her
- Maintenance of credentials and educational requirements related
to nursing practice.
- Performance of physical assessments and collection of health
histories as ordered or indicated.
- Safe and timely administration of medications and treatments
and collection of specimens as ordered.
- Assistance of patients in activities while encouraging and
instructing patients to do as much for themselves as possible,
within safe guidelines..
- Timely and accurate documentation within the electronic medical
record of care provided to patients.
- Development and implementation of individualized care plans
guided by patients' needs and preferences, and modification of the
care plan as indicated by changes in patients condition.
- Thorough and appropriate education of patients, and maintenance
of the ongoing teaching plan.
- Interpretation of patient information and making critical
decisions about needed actions.
- Coordination of care across settings in collaboration with all
individuals involved in the care of the patient.
- Supervision of nursing tasks delegated to unlicensed
- Performs other duties that may be necessary or in the best
interest of the organization.Qualifications:
- Required Education and
- Associates Degree or equivalent from an accredited school of
- 6 plus months of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of
Texas and another state. Must be maintained throughout
- Current JPS recognized BLS certification and must be maintained
- Completion of unit specific competency based orientation
program within 90 days.
- Successful completion of EKG and Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) within 90 days of hire, if working on a monitored unit and
maintained throughout employment.Preferred Education and
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
- 1 plus years of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse in
acute care or similar department Preferred
- National Certification in Specialty related to Med-Surg/Acute
Care nursing (CMSRN, RN-BC, OCN, ONC, etc.)Location Address: 1500
S. Main StreetFort Worth, Texas, 76104United States
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN - Med Surg - Respiratory Pulmonary Unit (T11) 7p-7a - Fort Worth, TX - Med Surg, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!