RN Staff Educator - Fort Worth, TX - Educator
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 23, 2022
RN Staff Educator - Fort Worth, TX Who We AreJPS Health Network
is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system in North Texas.
Licensed for 578 beds, the network features 75 locations across
Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital --home to Tarrant
County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, only psychiatric
emergency services site, and the largest hospital-based family
medical residency program in the nation - and more than 40
community-based clinics. All told, our network employs more than
7,200 people.Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group
featuring over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network.
Specialties range from primary care to general surgery and trauma.
The Acclaim group formed around a common set of incentives and
expectations supporting the operational, financial, and clinical
performanceoutcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high
quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every
time.Why JPS?We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most
dedicated people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the
people of our community get the care they need and deserve. As
community stewards, we abide by three rules:1. Own it.Everyone who
wears the JPS badge contributes to our journey to excellence.2.
Seek joy.Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients, smile,
and emphasize positivity.3. Don't be a jerk.Everyone is treated
with courtesy and respect. Smiling, laughter, compassion - key
components of our everyday experience at JPS.When working here,
you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and dedication. We look
forward to meeting you!For more information, visit .To view all job
vacancies, visit or .Job Description:Description: The RN Staff
Educator provides organization-wide clinical instruction and staff
education within the specialty areas of the Inpatient Services
Divisions: Correctional Health, Critical Care (ICU and PCU),
Medical-Surgical, Perioperative, and Women and Childrens. This
position manages new hires time through direct and indirect
involvement with staff orientation, competency management, role
transition, in-service and continuing education to ensure learning
has occurred. This role influences professional role competence,
professional growth, and supports fostering a climate for learning,
facilitating continuous learning for clinical staff, and enabling
the adult learning process. Typical Duties:
- Instructs clinical staff to perform nursing and patient care
relative to the area of clinical specialty.
- Develops, plans, presents, and evaluates, educational
activities that foster the development of competent learners
through providing orientation, in-service, and continuing
- Develops an assessment process to determine learning needs and
facilitates adult learning theory to plan learning
- Assists in the selection of the most appropriate method to
accommodate learning styles, cultural diversity, education level,
and the learning environment.
- Identifies and acquires resources required for quality program
design and delivery; revises education programs as needed.
- Enlists qualified instructors to plan, develop and present
specialized clinical topics.
- Evaluates, documents and reports educational activity outcomes
for competency validation and record-keeping.
- Develops and maintains a level of clinical competence
appropriate for the practice environment served.
- May serve as subject matter expert or be trained as nurse
planner for Texas Nurses Association (TNA) Continuing Nursing
Education (CNE) activities.
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned.
- Required Education and
- Masters of Science Degree in Nursing from an accredited school
- 5 plus years of nursing experience in a clinical area to
include at least 3 plus years of clinical preceptoring, teaching,
healthcare education or staff development experience. Required
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure by Texas State Board of
- Current JPS recognized Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
and must be maintained throughout employment
- ANCC Certification in Nursing Professional Development or
within 3 years of hire.
- Completion of job specific orientation program within 90 days
of hire. Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized
- NLN Certification in Nursing Education or other training and
- ANCC Nursing Certification in area of Specialty (ex. CCRN,
- Advanced life support training in areas of responsibility
(ACLS, PALS, NRP, STABLE, TNCC / ENPC, etc.). Location Address:
1500 S. Main StreetFort Worth, Texas, 76104United States
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN Staff Educator - Fort Worth, TX - Educator, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!