RN - Med Surg - Ortho/Neuro T6, (7p-7a) - Fort Worth, TX - Med Surg
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 23, 2022
RN - Med Surg - Ortho/Neuro T6, (7p-7a) - Fort Worth, TX Who We
AreJPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
--home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.Acclaim is our multispecialty medical
practice group featuring over 300 providers serving the JPS Health
Network. Specialties range from primary care to general surgery and
trauma. The Acclaim group formed around a common set of incentives
and expectations supporting the operational, financial, and
clinical performanceoutcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide
high quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every
time.Why JPS?We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most
dedicated people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the
people of our community get the care they need and deserve. As
community stewards, we abide by three rules:1. Own it.Everyone who
wears the JPS badge contributes to our journey to excellence.2.
Seek joy.Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients, smile,
and emphasize positivity.3. Don't be a jerk.Everyone is treated
with courtesy and respect. Smiling, laughter, compassion - key
components of our everyday experience at JPS.When working here,
you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and dedication. We look
forward to meeting you!For more information, visit .To view all job
vacancies, visit or .Job Description:Description: The RN Med Surg
assesses, plans, directs, implements, and assists to provide
quality patient care for assigned patients. The RN Med Surg is
responsible for directing patient care for licensed and ancillary
staff on his/her team.Typical Duties:
- Maintenance of credentials and educational requirements related
to nursing practice.
- Performance of physical assessments and collection of health
histories as ordered or indicated.
- Safe and timely administration of medications and treatments
and collection of specimens as ordered.
- Assistance of patients in activities while encouraging and
instructing patients to do as much for themselves as possible,
within safe guidelines..
- Timely and accurate documentation within the electronic medical
record of care provided to patients.
- Development and implementation of individualized care plans
guided by patients' needs and preferences, and modification of the
care plan as indicated by changes in patients condition.
- Thorough and appropriate education of patients, and maintenance
of the ongoing teaching plan.
- Interpretation of patient information and making critical
decisions about needed actions.
- Coordination of care across settings in collaboration with all
individuals involved in the care of the patient.
- Supervision of nursing tasks delegated to unlicensed
- Performs other duties that may be necessary or in the best
interest of the organization.Qualifications:
- Required Education and
- Associates Degree or equivalent from an accredited school of
- 6 plus months of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of
Texas and another state. Must be maintained throughout
- Current JPS recognized BLS certification and must be maintained
- Completion of unit specific competency based orientation
program within 90 days.
- Successful completion of EKG and Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) within 90 days of hire, if working on a monitored unit and
maintained throughout employment.Preferred Education and
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
- 1 plus years of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse in
acute care or similar department Preferred
- National Certification in Specialty related to Med-Surg/Acute
Care nursing (CMSRN, RN-BC, OCN, ONC, etc.)Location Address: 1500
S. Main StreetFort Worth, Texas, 76104United States
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN - Med Surg - Ortho/Neuro T6, (7p-7a) - Fort Worth, TX - Med Surg, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!