RN Service Specialty Coordinator - GYN - Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 23, 2022
RN Service Specialty Coordinator - GYNWho We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
--home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over
300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range
from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group
formed around a common set of incentives and expectations
supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated
people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of
our community get the care they need and deserve. As community
stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it. Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our
journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy. Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients,
smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk. Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect.
Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday
experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and
dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
RN Service Specialty Coordinator - GYN
Nursing / LVN
John Peter Smith Hospital
Description: The RN Service Specialty Coordinator directs and
provides patient care in surgical services and operating rooms.
This position assesses, plans, implements, and assists with the
provision of care for assigned patients.
* Directs and provides nursing care to assigned group of patients
(Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult & Geriatric) utilizing the nursing
process and Operative Assessment.
* Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of patient care
utilizing the Quality Assurance process.
* Coordinates with specialty surgery team of service.
* Review SIS preference cards (pick sheets) with surgeons; update
changes to ensure correct instruments and supplies are pulled for
each procedure and ensure specialty items are available.
* Reviews and checks instrument sets for specialty service; alerts
Sterile Processing Department of need for repairs, replacements and
* Provides clinical guidance to Nurse Assistants, Certified Scrub
Technicians, Student Nurses, MSTs and Patient Flow
* Calls upon company instrument representatives for instrument
requests from surgeons.
* Organization of specialty carts for service; checking daily and
restocking as needed.
* Communicates with Director and/or Manager for equipment needs for
* Resolves patient problems and needs by using multi-disciplinary
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Nursing Diploma from an Accredited Diploma Nursing or Associate's
Degree from an accredited school for professional nursing.
* 1 year experience as Registered Nurse in an operating room
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school for professional
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current RN licensure by the Board of Nursing for the State of
Texas or proof of reciprocity between the State of Texas and
* Current JPS recognized CPR Certification and must be maintained
throughout employment. May be obtained subsequent to hire.
* Completion of unit specific competency based orientation program
within 30-days of hire.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN Service Specialty Coordinator - GYN - Clinical Nurse Coordinator, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!