RN Shift Supervisor-BH Part Time Nights - House Supervisor
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 24, 2022
RN Shift Supervisor-BH Part Time NightsWho We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
--home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over
300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range
from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group
formed around a common set of incentives and expectations
supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated
people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of
our community get the care they need and deserve. As community
stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it. Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our
journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy. Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients,
smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk. Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect.
Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday
experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and
dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
RN Shift Supervisor-BH Part Time Nights
Trinity Springs Pavilion for Psychiatric Services
Description: The RN Shift Supervisor - BH monitors patient care and
ensures safe and efficient functioning for all units for a specific
shift. This position collaborates with other professional
disciplines to ensure safe, effective, and efficient patient care
delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
* Delivers nursing care to assigned group of patients to include
education directed towards identified knowledge deficits, treatment
planning, pain management and discharge planning utilizing the
* Delivers quality nursing care while minimizing the risk of
infection, contamination, harm, or injury. Maintains safe and clean
working environment ensuring compliance with procedure rules and
* Provides and coordinates patient care, educates patients and
public about various health conditions, and provide advice and
emotional support to patients and family members.
* Resolves patient problems and needs by using multi-disciplinary
* Anticipates deteriorating life sign patterns or equipment
malfunctions and takes appropriate action.
* Serves as a leader by precepting and mentoring RN I, and
* Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records and directs care
with regard to age and developmental stage, presenting complaint,
and pertinent history.
* Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients'
responses. Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in
* Facilitates resolution of clinical problems in collaboration with
Director of Psychiatric Nursing, Clinical Managers, medical staff,
and other hospital departments as appropriate.
* Collaborates with Clinical Managers by providing data, feedback,
and recommendations regarding operation, review, and adherence to
the program operating and capital budgets for unit programs.
* Participates in the Performance Improvement activities to improve
* Coordinates incoming and outgoing transfers and demonstrates
knowledge of EMTALA laws when processing patient transfers.
* Supports Clinical Managers in the safe and effective deployment
* Supports staff through mentoring and precepting and acting as a
clinical resource. Participates in the employee
* Facilitates interdepartmental problem solving in complex patient
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Associate's Degree from an accredited school of professional
Preferred Education and Experience:
* 6 plus months of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of
Texas and another state.
* Current JPS recognized CPR certification and must be maintained
* Completion of unit specific competency based orientation program
within 90 days.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Certification in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN Shift Supervisor-BH Part Time Nights - House Supervisor, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!