Family Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant
Company: UnitedHealth Group Inc
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Family Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant - Urgent Care -
MedExpress - Fort Worth, TXCareers with MedExpress. At MedExpress,
we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health
care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Our neighborhood
medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical
team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get
healthy, and get back to what's really important. We provide a
broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and
prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and
UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're working together to
help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work
better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost
anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two
administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join
us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a part of OptumCare, the largest network of medical groups in
the nation, MedExpress is seeking a Full Time Urgent Care
Independent Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our
team in Forth Worth, TX. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare
nationally while providing Physician-led care locally.
* Open 8am- 8pm, 7 days per week
* Providers typically work 12 hour shifts
* Average patient load = 3-4 patients per hour
* Full licensed medical team and support staff
* Responsibilities include:
* Initial interpretation with digital X-Rays
* Incisions and drainage
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
* Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their
* Patients are treated like family. We focus on helping patients
get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important.
* We are influencing change on a national scale while still
maintaining the culture and community locally.
* Competitive pay and well deserved incentive bonuses
* CME reimbursement
* Comprehensive health, dental, vision
* 401k with matching
* Short and long term disability, company paid life insurance
* Company paid malpractice coverage
* Flexible Scheduling
* Holiday pay 1.5x shift rate on days worked
* Upward career growth and professional development
* Supportive and appreciative culture
* Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner through the ANCC/AANP or
certified as a Physician Assistant through the NCCPA
* 2+ years of experience working independently
* Unrestricted DEA license (or willing to obtain prior to
* Must be CPR certified (or willing to obtain prior to start)
* DOT certification (or ability to obtain within the first 60 days
* Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this
role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster
doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth
Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as
well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of
vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to
ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential
job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
* Clinical experience working as a provider in an emergency
medicine or urgent care setting
* Willing and able to assist at other center locations in the
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and
communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate
companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination
status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and
locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as
an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all
federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well
as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the
necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure
compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job
functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet
the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an
employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of
care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led
organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care
organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through
more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice
clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics,
surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused
on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change
through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
* Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
* Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality
care, not volume?
* Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering
* Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
* Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group Inc, Fort Worth , Family Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant , Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!