RN Seasonal - Med Surg (T8) General Medical Unit, 7p-7a - Med Surg
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 27, 2023
RN Seasonal - Med Surg (T8) General Medical Unit, 7p-7aWho We
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
--home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over
300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range
from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group
formed around a common set of incentives and expectations
supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated
people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of
our community get the care they need and deserve. As community
stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it. Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our
journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy. Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients,
smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk. Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect.
Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday
experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and
dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
RN Seasonal - Med Surg (T8) General Medical Unit, 7p-7a
Nursing / LVN
John Peter Smith Hospital
Description: The RN - Seasonal is responsible for providing direct
patient care in all areas serviced including neonatal, infant,
children, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric populations. This is a
temporary position, variable weeks in length, which can be extended
upon agreement between the RN and management.
* Performs complete data collection from patient with regard to age
and developmental stage, presenting complaints, and pertinent
* Delivers nursing care to assigned group of patients including
education directed towards identified knowledge deficits, treatment
planning, pain management and discharge planning utilizing the
* Delivers quality nursing care while minimizing the risk of
infection, contamination, harm, or injury.
* Participates in the performance improvement process within the
Network, Hospital, and department.
* Anticipates deteriorating life sign patterns or equipment
malfunctions and takes appropriate action.
* Conduct specified bedside laboratory tests.
* Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
* Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients'
responses and conditions.
* Monitors, record and report symptoms and changes in patients'
* Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify
and assess patient's condition.
* Records patients' medical information and vital signs.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Associate's Degree from an accredited school of professional
* Minimum 2 years of recent hospital experience practicing as a
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school of professional
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of
Texas and another state.
* Current JPS recognized Basic Life Support certification and
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support and must be maintained
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN Seasonal - Med Surg (T8) General Medical Unit, 7p-7a - Med Surg, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!