Registered Nurse - Med Surg
Company: Valor Healthcare
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Valor Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse to provide quality healthcare to our veterans in our Granbury, TX Community Based Outpatient Clinic. If you are passionate about healthcare, we want to talk to you!
Valor operates more than 50 VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in the United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. We provide a full range of medical services to veterans through the operations of CBOCs, tailored to meet the specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary care, diagnostics, laboratory, telehealth, behavioral health, and more.
The Registered Nurse assists practitioners with patient care, physical examinations, ancillary tests, and performs a variety of clerical duties. Uses the nursing process and evidenced based practice to collaborate with the core PACT Team (Primary Care Provider, LPN/LVN and Medical Assistant) and expanded PACT Team including family/ caregiver, VA, and community based services involved in developing the patient care plan.
* Actively assists practitioners with patient care, physical examinations and ancillary tests.
* Practice specialized skills in patient assessment.
* Triages unscheduled patients requesting care.
* Acts as point person within PACT Team.
* Assists in co-managed care collaboration with non-VA providers, and facilities.
* Provides patient and family health education with a focus on self-management, prevention, and wellness.
* Monitors VA discharge list and contacts patients for follow up.
* Maintains confidentiality of veterans' data and information.
* Complies with all VA and company training requirements.
* Consults as permitted by VAMC.
* Fulfill compliance requirements of the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Joint Commission(JC), Environment of Care (EOC) oversight, lab compliance and other related items.
* Remain focused on achieving excellent clinical outcomes through the specified VA guidelines.
* Must provide excellent customer service to each veteran, both in person and over the phone, as well as to fellow colleagues and clinic visitors.
* Participate in the clinic's outreach events to help support the clinic's enrollment initiatives.
* Support patient enrollment and retention in appointments, follow-up visits or nurse visits.
* Embrace and support new initiatives, whether clinical or operational.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required; if VA contract allows, may be Associate Degree RN.
* Minimum 2-3 years' experience as a registered nurse in a related primary care or ambulatory care setting; government healthcare environment preferred. Specific requirements could vary based on individual VA contract.
* Must be credentialed and remain in good standing through the Veterans Health Administration (VA).
* Must comply with and maintain all requirements for a valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment, or in any U.S. state or territory, depending on VA contractual requirements.
* Current certification in Basic Life Support (must be renewed periodically as specified by the certifying agency - AHA valid for two years, e.g.) and in ACLS as specified by individual VAMC contract
* Proficiency in written and spoken English.
* Strong computer skills, including EMR experience
* Energetic and optimistic demeanor
* Strong service mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects of defined service standards
* This is considered a safety sensitive position.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Valor Healthcare, Fort Worth , Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , Granbury, Texas
here to apply!