Advanced Level Provider - Physician Assistant - Alliance - Gastroenterology
Company: GI Associates & Endoscopy Center
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Advanced Level Provider - Physician Assistant - AllianceGI
Alliance is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the
We are seeking an enthusiastic Physician Assistant to join our
friendly, dynamic team in a busy Gastroenterology practice in the
DFW suburb of Keller, TX. Our clinic has been serving the community
over 20 years and is also a partner of the fast-growing GI Alliance
organization. Our practice fosters a team approach that will enable
the PA to expand their skillset and knowledge. We are dedicated to
providing training and guidance to allow the PA to excel with a
sense of proficiency and accomplishment. The PA in this position
will have a meaningful impact in the practice.
* Conduct busy Gastroenterology clinic both independently and in
conjunction with physician.
* Elicit detailed patient histories, conduct physical examinations,
and dictate findings.
* Counsel patients and families on health conditions and
* Support, educate, guide office clinical staff (Nurses, MA's) and
office staff (schedulers) in regards to patient care.
* Determine tentative diagnoses and order appropriate diagnostic
* Interpret pathology findings, imaging, laboratory, and other
* Help cover the inpatient GI service intermittently as needed.
* Counsel patient and family on endoscopic indications, findings,
potential complications, and expected outcomes
* Achieve proficiency in both the practice and hospital EMR.
* Collaborate with referring physicians and offices, hospitalists,
surgical partners, and other specialties for optimal patient
* Maintain in good standing licensure with the Texas State Board of
* Participate in all continuing education, training, and other
requirements to remain in good standing for credentialing
* Comply with company policies
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Highly motivated and enthusiastic
* Seeks efficiency
* Continuously expand knowledge base
* Exhibit professional work standards
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
* Provide leadership in clinic setting
* Ability to work collegially with a wide variety of team
* Ethical conduct
Outpatient clinic primarily with potential occasional hospital
duties as well.
* 401K, Profit Sharing
* Health, Dental, Vision
* PTO in accordance with terms of the company policy
* Company paid holidays
* Malpractice coverage
* Professional development and CME fees paid up to $2500 (after 6
months of employment)
* Licensing and renewal fees paid
* Potential On-call coverage compensation
Education Requirement for PA: A degree from a Physician Assistant
Degree program. Licensed as a Physician Assistant by the Texas
Board of Medical Examiners.
Experience: Gasteroenterology/General Internal Medicine experience
preferred, but not required. More important is the ability and
desire to learn.
Additional Qualifications: Active DEA license; Basic Life Support,
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Equipment Operated: Standard medical. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers,
filing cabinets and fax machines.
Work Environment: Standard hospital, clinical. Biohazard materials
may be present.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with
hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must
occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by the job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
GI Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to
creating an inclusive, welcoming, and equitable work environment.
Our company values and celebrates the diversity of our physicians,
staff and patients. We firmly believe our service is greatly
enriched by our diversity of thought, experience, perspective,
culture, and background.
Please Note: All job offers are contingent on the successful
completion of pre-employment criminal history check.
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL FOR
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Keywords: GI Associates & Endoscopy Center, Fort Worth , Advanced Level Provider - Physician Assistant - Alliance - Gastroenterology, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!