Registered Nurse - Med Surg
Company: Valor Healthcare
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Our mission is simple: to provide quality healthcare to America's
veterans through our healing focus, indebted hearts, and tireless
resolve. Valor Healthcare operates more than 50 VA Community Based
Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in the United States as a contractor for
the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Valor provides a full
range of medical services to veterans through the operations of
CBOCs, tailored to meet the specific needs of local VA medical
centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary care,
diagnostics, laboratory, telehealth, behavioral health, and
The Registered Nurse assists practitioners with patient care,
physical examinations, ancillary tests, and performs a variety of
clerical duties. Uses the nursing process and evidenced based
practice to collaborate with the core PACT Team (Primary Care
Provider, LPN/LVN and Medical Assistant) and expanded PACT Team
including family/ caregiver, VA, and community based services
involved in developing the patient care plan.
* $4,500 sign on bonus 90 days after employment! Tied to a 1 year
* Great work lifestyle balance! No on call, weekends off, 11
federal holidays, and increasing PTO the longer you stay with
* Competitive pay! We offer based on experience and monitor market
trends to ensure we are providing a great rate for our
* Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, and more through Blue Cross
* Annual performance reviews to discuss goals, raises, concerns,
* Great support system through clinic management peers, HR,
Recruiting department, all the way up to the executive level.
* Actively assists practitioners with patient care, physical
examinations and ancillary tests.
* Practice specialized skills in patient assessment.
* Triages unscheduled patients requesting care.
* Acts as point person within PACT Team.
* Assists in co-managed care collaboration with non-VA providers,
* Provides patient and family health education with a focus on
self-management, prevention, and wellness.
* Monitors VA discharge list and contacts patients for follow
* Maintains confidentiality of veterans' data and information.
* Complies with all VA and company training requirements.
* Consults as permitted by VAMC.
* Fulfill compliance requirements of the Office of Inspector
General (OIG), Joint Commission(JC), Environment of Care (EOC)
oversight, lab compliance and other related items.
* Remain focused on achieving excellent clinical outcomes through
the specified VA guidelines.
* Must provide excellent customer service to each veteran, both in
person and over the phone, as well as to fellow colleagues and
* Participate in the clinic's outreach events to help support the
clinic's enrollment initiatives.
* Support patient enrollment and retention in appointments,
follow-up visits or nurse visits.
* Embrace and support new initiatives, whether clinical or
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required; if VA contract
allows, may be Associate Degree RN.
* Minimum 2-3 years' experience as a registered nurse in a related
primary care or ambulatory care setting; government healthcare
environment preferred. Specific requirements could vary based on
individual VA contract.
* Must be credentialed and remain in good standing through the
Veterans Health Administration (VA).
* Must comply with and maintain all requirements for a valid,
unrestricted license in the state of desired employment, or in any
U.S. state or territory, depending on VA contractual
* Current certification in Basic Life Support (must be renewed
periodically as specified by the certifying agency - AHA valid for
two years, e.g.) and in ACLS as specified by individual VAMC
* Proficiency in written and spoken English.
* Strong computer skills, including EMR experience
* Energetic and optimistic demeanor
* Strong service mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects of
defined service standards
* This is considered a safety sensitive position.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected
Keywords: Valor Healthcare, Fort Worth , Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , Granbury, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!