RN - Emergency Department - Fort Worth, TX - ED - Emergency Department
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 19, 2023
RN - Emergency Department - Fort Worth, TX Who We AreJPS Health
Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system in
North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features 75
locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital --home
to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, only
psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest hospital-based
family medical residency program in the nation - and more than 40
community-based clinics. All told, our network employs more than
7,200 people.Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group
featuring over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network.
Specialties range from primary care to general surgery and trauma.
The Acclaim group formed around a common set of incentives and
expectations supporting the operational, financial, and clinical
performanceoutcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high
quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every
time.Why JPS?We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most
dedicated people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the
people of our community get the care they need and deserve. As
community stewards, we abide by three rules:1. Own it.Everyone who
wears the JPS badge contributes to our journey to excellence.2.
Seek joy.Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients, smile,
and emphasize positivity.3. Don't be a jerk.Everyone is treated
with courtesy and respect. Smiling, laughter, compassion - key
components of our everyday experience at JPS.When working here,
you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and dedication. We look
forward to meeting you!For more information, visit .To view all job
vacancies, visit or .Job Description: Description: The RN -
Emergency Services assesses, plans, directs, implements, and
intervenes to provide quality patient care for assigned patients.
The RN Emergency Services is responsible for directing patient care
for licensed and ancillary staff on his/her team. Typical
- Performs complete data collection from patient with regard to
age and developmental stage, presenting complaints, and pertinent
- Plans, implements, and modifies nursing care, medication
administration, and discharge planning to assigned group of
patients including education directed towards individualized
patient needs utilizing the nursing process in coordination with
policies and procedures.
- Supports the culture of quality with delivery of quality
nursing care utilizing evidence-based practice to decrease the
potential for infection, harm, or injury while working with the
- Actively participates in the performance improvement processes
related to nursing practice.
- Monitors, records, and reports symptoms and changes in patients
condition including vital signs intervening when appropriate.
- Ability to interact with co-workers and other hospital staff
and/or guests with outstanding customer service adhering to
established standards of behavior.
- Communicates with patients/families using available resources
and tools to provide age appropriate, patient preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of EMTALA laws in relation to the
coordination of patient care and transfers.
- Demonstrates fluency in timely completion of the electronic
medical record and other documentation requirements.
- Responsible to assist students in all disciplines to develop
skills and an understanding of collaborative values, attitudes, and
ideals in the care of patients and families.
- Other related duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Required Education and
- Associates or higher Degree in Nursing from an accredited
school of professional nursing.
- 6 plus months of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of
Texas and another state. Must be maintained throughout
- Current JPS recognized Basic Life Support (BLS) and must be
maintained throughout employment.
- Completes Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) within 90
days of hire date and maintains credentialing throughout
- Completes Pediatric Life Support (PALS) within 90 days of hire
date and maintains credentialing throughout employment for Urgent
Care Center and Emergency Service. Required Specialized
- Must successfully complete, pass, and maintain all applicable
and requisite training as established by each department in
accordance with the JPS Clinical Job Specific Competency Validation
Checklist. Completes the requisite certification and courses within
the required timeframes, to include but not limited to:
- Successful completion of unit-specific competency-based
orientation program within 90 days of employment, based on home
unit/employee specific orientation plan.
- Approved Education and Training in Non-Violent Crisis
De-escalation must be obtained within 90 days of hire date and
maintained throughout employment for Urgent Care Center and
- EKG course within 90 days of employment and maintained
throughout employment for Clinical Decision Unit and Emergency
Service. Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
- 2 plus years of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse in
acute care or similar department. Preferred
- National Nursing Certification in related specialty area.
Location Address: 1575 S. Main StreetFort Worth, Texas, 76104United
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN - Emergency Department - Fort Worth, TX - ED - Emergency Department, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!