Hotel Laundry Attendant
Company: Moe's Hospitality, LLC
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionReports To The Laundry Attendant will report to
the Housekeeping Manager and Housekeeping Supervisor. Job Overview
A Laundry Attendant is a valuable member of the Housekeeping
department and is responsible for delivering exceptional guest
experiences by processing hotel and guest laundry. Laundry
Attendants use commercial equipment and perform all stages of linen
processing, including, but not limited to, collecting,
transporting, sorting, weighing, loading and unloading, ironing,
folding, storing and delivering. Responsibilities and Duties
- Collect dirty linens and terry from chutes, carts and storage
areas on guest floors.
- Sort linens appropriately, per established hotel standards by
separating damaged or stained linen to be repaired or used as
- Utilize personal protective equipment and follow established
protocols for bloodborne pathogens.
- Transport clean linens to storage closets on guest floors to
meet Housekeeping needs and to ensure proper par levels at all
- Operate washers and dryers and other machinery according to
recommended capacity and other manufacturer's guidelines.
- Use automatic folder and/or hand-fold clean towels, sheets,
pillow cases, blankets, mattress pads, etc.
- Immediately report to supervisor any needed repairs or unsafe
- Continuously monitor and control supplies to minimize waste
within laundry facility.
- Clean lint traps from dryers daily; check and cleans drains as
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and
- Report any maintenance issues or safety hazards.
- Greet, acknowledge and welcome guests you may encounter
according to company service standards.
- Other duties assigned supporting the guest satisfaction promise
by Housekeeping Manager, Housekeeping Supervisor, Assistant General
Manager or General Manager.
- Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or
exhaustive list of all functions that a Laundry Attendant may be
asked to perform. Qualifications
- Previous experience in an operational service environment is
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and
deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up
and attention to detail/
- Ability to learn quickly and learn and a rapid pace.
- Ability to adhere to expectations and standards for
friendliness, speed, quality and efficiency.
- Willingness and ability to support fellow team members in
reaching departmental goals.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and
as a part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous
priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place
objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including
bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of
time.Education - Experience:
- Less than a high school diploma; or 6 months to 1 year of
related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form. Ability to
speak with problems involving several concrete variables I
standardized situations. Physical Demands:The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of the Job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
Keywords: Moe's Hospitality, LLC, Fort Worth , Hotel Laundry Attendant, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!