Company: Watts Water Technologies
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Watts Water Technologies family of companies designs and
manufactures valves and related products that promote the comfort
and safety of people and the quality, conservation and control of
water used in commercial, residential, industrial, and municipal
applications. Everything we design is made to keep the Earth's most
precious resource safer, cleaner, and more useful for our
The purpose of the Technical Trainer role is to facilitate the
skill advancement and education of HVAC and plumbing application
and service solutions by continuously enhancing the knowledge level
of the industry through designing, coordinating and executing
training (live, eLearning, webinars, and recorded). This team
member is responsible for assisting in the development and delivery
of, as well as the tracking of customers' progress on knowledge
competencies and certifications regarding HVAC and plumbing
application and services solutions, including products and system
designs.RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Focuses on the creation, development, deployment, and execution
of a best in class corporate training strategy.
- Effectively presents highly technical information through a
variety of vehicles, including classroom training delivery,
webinars, videos, and web-based training modules.
- Expertise in MS Powerpoint is required. Experience with
Articulate is a plus.
- Contributes to the process of designing training curriculum by
identifying and describing information needs in the following
- operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance
- correct application of products/services;
- following manufacturer's best practices instructions;
- troubleshooting malfunctions;
- Identifying customer solutions.
- Provides expertise and guidance to customers, service
technicians, contractors, and internal personnel on the
establishment of training priorities for both long term and
short-term objectives in addition to delivering sales training and
collaborating with multiple stakeholders (internal & external) to
ensure the highest level of technical value proposition proficiency
to the field.
- Enhances sales accomplishments and competence by identifying
and filling training gaps in the planning and delivery of solutions
and the execution of answering technical and procedural
- Conducts training needs assessment by collecting information
pertaining to the HVAC and plumbing industries.
- Evaluates the training process by reviewing installations and
applications and comparing it to HHWS training collateral.
- Conducts training classes by presenting on HHWS products, ROI,
system designs, application solutions and services utilizing
videos, webinars and hands-on training. The primary focus for this
role will be related to the PVI brand, but AERCO and Lync products
will also be addressed, just to a lesser extent.
- Achieves objectives by contributing information and
recommendations to strategic plans; preparing and completing
training action plans; implementing training programs; identifying
training needs; determining system improvements; implementing
- Drives continued field education of all commercial field
personnel via multiple training mechanisms and vehicles such as
role playing, online courses, instructor-led programs and
- Is engaged in the development and deployment of training
materials and programs to ensure maximum success for the business
by maximizing effectiveness of new sales training programs, driving
competitive account conversions via field training on rebuttals of
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or
opportunities to next management level.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops, reviewing publications, and other avenues deemed
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
neededEDUCATION: Bachelors' Degree in technical field/concentration
preferred.MANAGEMENT: No direct reportsEXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED
- 3-7 years' experience, preferably in HVAC and of a service
technical nature, biotech, automotive or technology/computers
- Time management - the ability to organize and manage multiple
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be comfortable presenting to audiences of roughly 10
- Expert and proficient in MS PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel (10% average)Preferred Skills
- CEU & CEC certification
- Experience with adapting PowerPoint presentations to eLearning
- Experience in creating videos - from script writing to working
with video equipment and editing software
- Knowledge of combustion systems and products as well as
refrigerationPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or
hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use
hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include: close vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
- Work in office environment with occasional exposure to
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the
typical office setting.
- Travel: 10%*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act
(ADA)Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow
a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel
actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,
pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital
status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other
category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts
will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation
should contact Human Resources.
Keywords: Watts Water Technologies, Fort Worth , Technical Trainer, Human Resources , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!