Epic Business Intelligence Developer
Company: Cook Children's Health Care System
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 13, 2020
The Business Intelligence Developer is an emerging IT professional
who analyzes, provides specifications for, and develops reports and
dashboards for end user consumption. The Business Intelligence
Developer has experience with business intelligence tools such as
Microsoft BI stack (e.g., SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS), SAP Business
Objects, Qlikview, Spotfire, Tableau, or Crystal Reports. The
Business Intelligence Developer has experience with programming in
SQL, R, SAS, Python, or equivalent programming languages. The BI
Developer designs and plans BI solutions, as well as debugs,
monitors, and troubleshoots BI solutions. The BI Developer writes
relational and multidimensional database queries. The BI Developer
is familiar with creating cubes and has experience with data
warehousing. The BI Developer has proven experience with business
and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling,
verification and methodology development. Forms productive
relationships with customers by listening, clarifying, and
responding effectively. Participates on project teams. Responsible
for relationship with vendors and opening and coordinating issues
with vendors. Responsible for writing fundamental documentation in
a clear, concise manner, adhering to standards. Must be available
for support by pager or telephone 24 hours per day x 7 days per
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in information technology
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Health Care environment
- Epic Clarity, Radar, Workbench, and/ or appropriate Epic
certification(s) required within 6 months from employment,
including 1 test retake.
- Experience with business intelligence tools: Microsoft BI
stack, SAP Business Objects, Qlikview, Spotfire, Tableau, or
- Experience programming in R, SAS, Python, SQL or equivalent
- Experience with Business Intelligence development
- Knowledge of designing and planning BI solutions.
- Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting BI
- Creating and deploying reports and dashboards.
- Writing relational and multidimensional database
- Experience with data warehousing.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements
analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification and methodology
- The ability to create systematic and consistent requirements
specifications in both a technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into
systems issues and products as required.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative
- Excellent understanding of the organizations goals and
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Microsoft SQL certification a plus
Keywords: Cook Children's Health Care System, Fort Worth , Epic Business Intelligence Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!