Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Type of Requisition:RegularClearance Level Must Currently
Possess:Top SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Top Secret
SCI + PolygraphSuitability:PolygraphPublic Trust/Other Required:Job
Family:Network EngineeringJob Description:*******Active TS/SCI
Security clearance required*******The EOC is currently seeking a
talented Tier 2 Network Administrator with an active TS/SCI
clearance to provide monitoring, maintenance and advanced support
of voice, data, and/or video communications networks across the
Enterprise. The successful candidate will be responsible for
providing 1st level resolution and customer support to all customer
managed networks. Using customer outage tracking software, the
candidate must be able to accurately document--all network outages.
The main tools utilized for this position at the NOC include: HPNA,
HP NNMi, Putty,-- SharePoint, GEM, WhatsUpGold, Cisco IOS, and
various network monitoring and analysis tools as required.Provide
full lifecycle support for Customer Data; Video and Voice
communications services in CONUS and OCONUS locations; including
the installation; testing; operation; maintenance; and management
of designated network communications systems and associated
equipment for FBI managed infrastructures for all levels of
security classification in accordance with applicable NSA
regulations.Skill Requirements:Able to identify, analyze, and
resolve operating/hardware network system problems.
- Basic network troubleshooting techniques and experience.
- Ensure compliance with network security policies and
- Assist in the development of the policies and procedures as
they pertain to the network environment.
- Proactively manage the Enterprise Network for resource
- Create and report all outage notifications and network related
issues according to standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of BGP and OSPF routing protocols.
- Knowledge of both LAN and WAN troubleshooting.
- GEM experience for monitoring and configuration of crypto
- Experience with WAN circuit technologies (T1, DS3, OC-3, OC-12,
- Basic knowledge of CISCO and Juniper routers and switches along
with VTC network hardware and software tools listed above.
- Basic knowledge of operating systems and applications as they
pertain to the network environment.
- Participate in engineering projects or upgrades as tasked by
- Process RMA's for CISCO and other equipment as required.
- Provide After Action Reports (AARs) for Problem Management
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting KG-175A and
KG-175D encryptors (to include 10G encryptors).
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical
guidance to lower tier employees.
- Monitor network router/switch status, respond to network
alarms, and respond to associated problems routed by the EOC
Customer Support staff. If remote access to network devices cannot
be managed, provide telephone support to the local Field Office ITS
- Resolve or escalate tickets received from the Service Desk
- Remotely access routers, switches, Taclanes, and other
equipment to provide support
- Manage connection outages, bandwidth utilizations and
- Create network reports using Riverbed to show problem
trendsInterpersonal Skills:Strong Communication Skills - verbal and
writtenIntermediary problem analysis and problem solving
skillsAttention to detail and accuracy within documentationAble to
interact with Customer via phone, email, and VTCAdaptability to
24/7 environmentAble to work independently within a Team
ConceptShift Work is required (work center is 24/7).Position
requires the candidate to pass the CI Poly.Scheduled Weekly
Hours:40Travel Required:NoneTelecommuting Options:Telecommuting Not
AllowedWork Location:USA TX Fort WorthAdditional Work Locations:USA
VA ChantillyWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most
complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the
country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand
and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways
clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We
ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the
ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between.
Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission
services needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Fort Worth , Network Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!