Software Engineer II (Data Analytics)
Company: BAE Systems
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 15, 2022
BAE Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer
on the Data Analysis, Products, and Services (DAPS) team.
The Software Engineer will develop and deliver functionality using
Python, Java, proprietary languages, and related technologies to
produce predictive capabilities for the F-35 Prognostics Health
Management (PHM) Platform. This capability will further aid
customers in understanding software anomalies and provide machine
based decision support to drive maintenance actions and supply
chain logistics in the field. The applicant must have an acumen for
problem solving and finding creative ways to analyze root cause,
along with the organizational skills to prepare and present
findings to the broader team.
The Software Engineer responsibilities include:
- Investigate and analyze new algorithm concepts to assess their
- Analyze large sets of data to identify trends or patterns for a
- Develop prototypes of algorithms in Python or proprietary
languages to demonstrate functionality.
- Create test scenarios for their prototyped algorithm.
- Produce documentation outlining their analysis, development,
and testing process.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or other
related field, and two years of professional work experience.
- Experience developing in Python and Java.
- Willingness to learn proprietary coding languages.
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies.
- Knowledge of Data Analytics / Data Science techniques as
applied to large, imperfect datasets
- Ability to work independently with general guidance from
- Experience utilizing configuration management software.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with Oracle Databases and SQL
- Proven communication experience across diverse teams at
- Experience with the application of the Agile workflow
- Experience with the Atlassian toolset (Confluence, JIRA,
- Aircraft maintenance practices and procedures
- Knowledge of the F-35 program
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an
international defense, aerospace and security company which
delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and
naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security,
information technology solutions and customer support services.
Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission,
but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your
passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security
with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence
solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national
security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a
big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a
rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia,
designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security
solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our
pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence
analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development,
systems integration, and operations and maintenance services.
Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to
recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves
and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and
perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences
are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance,
and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where
all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only
build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance,
uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate
Keywords: BAE Systems, Fort Worth , Software Engineer II (Data Analytics), IT / Software / Systems , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!