Principal Software Engineer
Company: Wabtec Corporation
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Summary:Wabtec is on an exciting Digital transformation
journey and building its next-generation Train Management
Dispatching System (TMDS) product suite. Principal Software
Engineer will work with the engineering team(s) responsible for
Wabtec is seeking a Principal Software Engineer who is creative,
highly technical, experienced, and has a passion for continuous
learning. The ideal candidate will join a talented and fast-paced
team that prides itself in continuous excellence and continuously
calibrates both technology and engineering practices against
industry best standards. The ideal candidate must have deep
experience and expertise in design, architecture, and development
of highly scalable, configurable, and available cloud-native
solutions. This candidate must have an expert understanding of
programming languages, security domains, distributed systems,
cloud-native practices and the DevOps paradigm
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Function as a hands-on architect (involves coding daily) and
provide technology leadership, oversight on design, development,
and implementation of cloud-native TMDS product
- Design and build a high performant, highly available, and
secure distributed system that's cloud-native
- Lead migration of existing complex on-premise applications to
the cloud platform
- Follow software and security development best practices
- Continuously improve software quality.
- Collaborate with remote and on-site resources
- Participate in on-call rotation as needed and other typical
software developer tasks like code reviews.
- Collaborate with business owners/product managers to build the
vision, design a flexible architecture and then work with the teams
to implement and maintain that vision
- Collaborate in DevOps set up and work closely with System
Reliability Engineering team.
- Collaborate in agile setup and assist in the automation of
testing, as required
- 10+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in software
development, including design, implementation, debugging, and
support, building scalable software services, either using .NET
stack or open-source Java based stack.
- Expert at applying data structures, algorithms, and
object-oriented design, to solve challenging problems using at
least one of these languages: Java, Go, C++, C#, Python
- Well-versed with Microservices architecture.
- Good understanding of cloud services provided by any Hyperscale
cloud providers like AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Good understanding of container and container orchestration
tools like Docker, Kubernetes
- Good understanding of app servers, caching technologies,
message systems, and purpose-built data stores (SQL, No-SQL,
Columnar) Examples include (not limited to): Tomcat, Redis, Kafka,
RabbitMQ, SQL Server and CouchBase.
- Good understanding of automation tools: Puppet, Chef,
terraform, etc. for building automated deployment processes.
- Expert understanding of performance and efficiency issues
- Deep, hands-on expertise in debugging/troubleshooting tools &
- Experience with agile software development principles and
practices, particularly Scrum and Kanban.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical
Engineering or relevant professional experience.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge of railroad system operations.
Keywords: Wabtec Corporation, Fort Worth , Principal Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!