Software Engineer Senior
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Software Engineer Senior
for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX facility.USAA values a culture
that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work
type helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating
in-person in the office and working from home when needed to
achieve focused results. The actual days' onsite are resolved
between each employee and the employee's manager.Provides support
to the Enterprise through delivering best in class technology
solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems and
application development lifecycle which include gathering and
analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting, and
implementing software, responding to outages.Job RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.About USAA ITOur most meaningful qualification isn't
technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a
screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every
day.We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more
passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of
supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals
focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to
add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find
exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions
across many technologies to tie together existing systems and
- Lead code/design reviews with team to ensure smooth daily
operations and accurate planning.
- Develop complex algorithms to solve business needs
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system
technical problems and production issues by directing
troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions.
- Mentors' engineers, coach engineers on design, development, and
maintenance of systems; Review teammates' code
- Influence architecture, quality standards and understand,
identify, measure across entire solution
- Identify system performance issues and optimize solutionMinimum
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond
the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of software development experience demonstrating depth
of technical understanding within a specific
- 4 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all
phases of the software systems and application development
lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Basic Understanding of one or more of the following: Java,
- Demonstrated experience researching technical issues and
generating creative/innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience addressing production issues by
troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and
secure system fundamentalsWhen you apply for this position, you
will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Preferred experience:
- 4+ years development experience with Java Sprint Boot
- 4+ years of Experience with event driven frameworks such as
Kafka, RabbitMQ, or IBM MQ
- 4+ years of experience with Gradle, GIT, GitHub, GitLab, etc.
around continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with low code no code BPM Platform such as
- 4+ years in AGILE methodology (Scrum, Lean, SAFe, etc.)
- Experience with managing tests and test results in QTestThe
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective
method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure
we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based
on your experience and market position. The salary range for this
skill is: $106,800 - 192,300*.Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium: will be
addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.Please click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is Not Available for this
Keywords: USAA, Fort Worth , Software Engineer Senior, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!