Android Software Engineer - Remote
Company: World Wide Technology
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Why should you join WWT?
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to
accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our
world-class culture to our generous benefits, to developing
cutting-edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its
mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great
place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration,
get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering
some of the most advanced technology solutions for our
Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders such as
Cisco, HPE, Dell EMC, NetApp, VMware, Intel, AWS, Microsoft, and
F5, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies,
service providers and the public sector. WWT employs more than
7,800 people and operates in more than 4+ million square feet of
state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space
strategically located throughout the world. WWT is proud to
announce that our CEO Jim Kavanaugh was named by glassdoor as a top
CEO during COVID.
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together
to form high-performance teams? Come join WWT today! We are looking
for an Android engineer.
WWT Application Services has an opportunity for a highly motivated
Android Software Engineer.
Candidates will be responsible for the analysis of business,
engineering, and scientific problems, and the documentation and
development of well-defined methods, procedures, and programs in
the delivery of practical systems solutions. Should have experience
with hands-on native app development in Java / Kotlin using the
Android SDK. This includes detailed software design, developing
code with unit tests to implement the design, correcting flaws
based on requirements testing, and integrating the
The Following Knowledge Skills And Attributes Are Required
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience with native
Android application development in Java or Kotlin using the Android
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with the automated build process (continuous
integration), unit testing, source code analysis tools, and source
code version control tools.
- Understanding of Android publishing processes (Gradle build
scripts, signing certificates, Android App Bundles, etc.).
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Proven ability to produce quality documents using a variety of
media, text, and tools with a minimum of errors.
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members and
- Be willing to work on a variety of project types (Desktop, Web,
Swift, Erlang, Python, etc.) as needed.
- Able to support occasional travel (less than 10%) in support of
project-related activities or training. Additional travel may be
required for new hires for employee onboarding activities. Travel
is most often to client sites or to our facilities.
The Following Knowledge Skills And Attributes Are Preferred
- Passionate about delivering a high-quality user
- Released Android applications in the Google Play Store.
- Expert level knowledge of Java.
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Familiarity with modern Android development & libraries
(RxJava, Dagger 2, etc.).
- Familiarity with web technologies, HTML, and web scripting
- Experience with adding accessibility to end-user
- Ability to give and receive coaching. A central part of living
our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct
feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide
constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and
leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a
group setting, and one on one, and can involve topics ranging from
job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause
analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always
comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a
safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices
and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is
above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability,
and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of
his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are
unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings
and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda.
Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments.
Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting
priorities, and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to
get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of
peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics
to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude.
Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates
from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks
as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous
process of education and development of self and colleagues.
Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful
feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and
improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work.
Understand the forces that shape the views and actions of clients,
customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm
for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and
removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need
for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in
give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their
message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens
well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of
information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive
to bad news as well as good.
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to
our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the
following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite
Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan
with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave,
Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal,
Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
- Visit our company web page at wwt.com for more information.
WWT has a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All
new hires must be fully vaccinated before starting at WWT.
Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made and
can be discussed in the pre-hire process.
WWT D&I Statement
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT
-- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and
pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work
for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Individuals
Worksite Location: Remote, U.S.A.
Compensation: This position offers a base salary of $90,000 -
$140,000. Specifics will vary depending on skills, qualifications,
education, and geographic location.
Keywords: World Wide Technology, Fort Worth , Android Software Engineer - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!