Senior Database Administrator
Company: Wilks Brothers, LLC
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for the
implementation, maintenance, health, performance, security and high
availability of each SQL server within the company. They are also
responsible for providing documentation, support, guidance and
development regarding the following areas:
- Architecture and design of each SQL database or data
- Extraction, transformation and loading of all data into SQL
In addition to this, they will also be responsible for the change
and release management process of each SQL database or data
warehouse object within the company along with the training,
mentoring, guidance and leadership for all mid-level database
This position is 100% in-office in Fort Worth, TX 76126.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: - -
- Perform all installations, configurations, and uninstallations
of SQL server instances and/or databases.
- Perform all upgrades and updates on SQL server
- Ensure each index and statistic is properly created, rebuilt,
reorganized and updated.
- Ensure each table and database has their consistency checked on
a consistent basis.
- Properly configure the surface area of each SQL server to
ensure no vulnerabilities are exposed.
- Properly configure the security of each SQL server and database
to prevent unauthorized access.
- Ensure each database and transaction log is backed up on a
scheduled basis to provide the company the ability to restore any
environment to any point in time.
- Ensure that each SQL server instance and database is available
at least 99.00000% of the time.
- Jointly work with enterprise architects to ensure each database
design and model fits within the overall enterprise architecture
and business model or scope.
- Provide developers documentation regarding database
- Jointly work with developers to ensure each SQL object is
created using the above mentioned documentation.
- Properly deploy each SQL object through each environment from
Development to Production.
- Develop SQL Server Integration Services packages to extract,
transform and load data from proper data sources into SQL server
- Provide documentation developing SQL Server Integration
- Properly deploy each SSIS package through each environment from
Development to Production.
- Jointly work with enterprise architects to ensure each data
warehouse design and model fits within the overall enterprise
architecture and business model or scope.
- Properly deploy each data warehouse object through each
environment from Development to Production.
- Jointly working with IT compliance to ensure each change
regarding database, data warehouse objects or environments are
following the proper guidelines regarding compliance and polices
created and enforced by the company.
Educational and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience with database administration and
development for relational database management systems.
- 5+ years of experience with data warehouse administration and
development for business intelligence systems.
- 5+ years of experience working in an IT Service
- 5+ years of experience with database and/or data warehouse
administration and development for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or
- Highly experienced with using Transact-SQL, Microsoft Visual
Studio, and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services.
- Highly experienced with troubleshooting and resolving database
- Highly experienced with Performance Tuning and Optimization
(PTO), using native and third-party monitoring and troubleshooting
- Highly experienced with backups, restores and recovery
- Highly experienced with implementing operational automation
- Highly experienced in working with Microsoft Windows Server,
including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Expert knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster
Recovery (DR) options for Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2014/16 is a plus.
- Knowledge of PowerShell is a plus.
- MCSA, MCTS, MCITP, MCM and/or MCA are a plus.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing both
internally and externally.
- Use an organized approach to individual and group
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and accomplish tasks
under tight timelines.
- Deal with complex, multi-group interactions.
- Perform all tasks and responsibilities within the operating and
process frameworks that apply to all of Wilks Brothers, both
internally and externally.
- Lead by example by always displaying the core purpose and
values of Wilks Brothers.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing
- Must be able to work an on-call rotation schedule to support IT
incidents both after hours and over the weekends.
- Able to read, speak and write English.
- Ability to use sophisticated computer software programs to
achieve job functions.
About Our Company:
Wilks Brothers is a multifaceted, family-based partnership
headquartered in Texas with employees working in offices in Cisco,
Willow Park, Fort Worth, Houston, and beyond. We invest in
relationships and recognize the value in people, communities, and
businesses. Our customers are not a number; they are a name, a
family member, a friend. In the good times and in difficult times
we treat them all equally - exactly how we want to be treated. We
believe that business is not just about profit - it is personal
too. At Wilks Brothers, we respect the people that make our
business grow: our employees and our customers.
Our goal is to develop mutually beneficial partnerships utilizing
our core values of: Faith, Integrity, Team, Growth and Loyalty.
Wilks Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants
will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Wilks Brothers, LLC, Fort Worth , Senior Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!