Technical Writer I
Company: Recaro Aircraft Seating Americas, Inc.
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Job ID 2
# of Openings 1
Position Summary: The Technical Writer I will write and manage technical documents for RECARO's customers, delivering the highest standards in Aeronautical Engineering Maintenance Publications. This person will be responsible for the writing, issuing, and controlling of Component Maintenance Manuals, Temporary Revisions, and Service Bulletins. All of these documents will be prepared in accordance with ATA-100, iSpec 2200, and S1000D specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fundamental understanding of Recaro engineering drawings, nomenclature, usage, and change process. Readily able to assist with incorporation of lay out drawings, envelope drawings, and TSO/seat assembly without IFE drawings. Able to read basic assembly drawings and apply to CMM and TR requirements.
- Fundamental understanding of Recaro Bills of Material (BoMs), and how they apply to technical documentation. Basic understanding of Design Change (DC) processes and implementation. Apply this knowledge in the authoring of Temporary Revisions (TRs) with little supervision.
- Fundamental use of Catia models to create illustrations of assemblies and components.
- Proficient application of ATA 100 technical publication standards in the authoring and reviewing of CMMs and TRs. Basic understanding of iSpec 2200 and S1000D standards, and the requirements for relevant authoring platforms.
- Proficient understanding of technical publications (CMMs and TRs) and how they are used by customers/aerospace industry. Support customer support by evaluating and incorporating customer requested modifications.
- Fundamental understanding of aerospace manufacturing techniques and assembly processes. Written instructions included in TRs and CMMs are acceptable within industry standard practices.
- Fundamental understanding of industry requirements on spare parts ordering and maintenance procedures. Support Airbus delivery requirements by authoring Line Maintenance Part (LMP) sheets.
- Proficient understanding of overall department processes and workflow as defined by PA 4.2-10.
- Fundamental understanding of new program workflow and requirements on technical publications. Responsible for individual performance for on-time delivery of technical documents.
- Any other duties as directed by management that are deemed necessary in facilitating configuration management for RECARO.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum 4 year Bachelor's degree in a technical or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge with a PC (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is required.
- Previous experience directly related to creating & revising tech documentation is desired.
- Aviation maintenance and/or mechanical engineering experience is desired.
- SAP, Interleaf/QuickSilver, and CDB experience is desirable.
- This position requires a comprehensive understanding of aircraft seat parts and some familiarity with FAA and air framer rules and regulations along, with working knowledge of ATA guidelines.
- Ability to interpret Engineering Drawings, Schematics, BOMs, and CMMs are essential to perform duties.
Keywords: Recaro Aircraft Seating Americas, Inc., Fort Worth , Technical Writer I, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!