SQL Database Administrator, (Automation Engineer)
Company: American Airlines
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: Dallas/Ft Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ
Requisition ID: 26386
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This candidate will be a member of Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) database shared service team and will be responsible for managing Enterprise SQL activities that include designing and building SQL database environments, administering, maintaining SQL databases and assisting the application development teams in optimizing schema design and SQL statements.
Specifically, you'll do the following:
- ------Collaborates with other Information Technology associates and functional business teams to build, deliver, and support effective, creative data management solutions aligned to specified business initiatives.
- Creates, coordinates and administers databases, including base definition, structure documentation, operational guidelines, and security.
- Based upon management direction, plans and implements strategies for meeting data management needs.
- Applies established data management best practices and recommends improvements.
- Assists application support teams with third party application installations and upgrades.
- Assists with other information technology projects, as assigned, within the general scope of regularly assigned responsibilities and related qualifications.
- Supports Production environment activities including on-call responsibilities .Qualifications
- ------------------Must possess a degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline
- Equivalent experience will be considered
- Minimum of 5-10 years Microsoft SQL Server experience
- Advanced understanding of all SQL Server tools including, but not limited to, Profiler/Management Studio/Enterprise Manager
- Proficient understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Advanced understanding of replication, distributed systems performance tuning, and optimization
- Advanced understanding of client-server computing and relational database environments
- Advanced understanding of Enterprise storage technologies
- Experience with advanced TSQL development
- Experience with advanced scripting including PowerShell
- Experience with advanced development and deployment of SSIS
- Experience with advanced management of data from multiple sources including internal, external, and 3rd party data
- Experience with geographically dispersed datacenters
- Advanced experience with Windows Clustering
- Advanced experience configuring and supporting SQL Server DR features
- Advanced experience configuring and supporting SSRS/SSAS Qualifications (Continued)
Required Qualifications (Continued)
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2016
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server 2008/2012/2016
- Advanced experience with network technologies and active directory functionality
- Experience utilizing DevOps principals in an Enterprise environment
- Understanding of Automation Tools and how they integrate into the database environment
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivation and ability to learn quickly is essential
- Should be able to work well independently while simultaneously being a strong team player
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential to achieve project-oriented goals Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced degree is preferred
- Experience in creating, administering and maintaining cloud databases
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 Storage Spaces Direct
- Experience with third-party database monitoring tool Additional Locations: Dallas/Ft Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ
Requisition ID: 26386
Keywords: American Airlines, Fort Worth , SQL Database Administrator, (Automation Engineer), IT / Software / Systems , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!