PTE Testing Supervisor
Company: Power Engineers
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: May 23, 2020
PTE Testing Supervisor
We strive to create an environment where our field teams operate
safely, delivering excellent technical service, leading to a high
degree of client satisfaction. We share lessons learned and keep
our safety and technical skills sharp through training and
application. If you are interested in a long-term engagement with a
high-performing team, please send us your resume.
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform acceptance testing and commissioning on high voltage
substation systems, which includes Protection and Control systems,
Apparatus testing and SCADA systems. The testing supervisor is
expected to lead the crew on site taking an active role on hands-on
- Technical and Safety Development
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis - JHA and conduct safety meetings
- Manage project change orders
- Collect and manage project Test Data and accurately document
test results and produce field reports
- Prepare and implement Commissioning and Test plans
- Job planning, schedule management and task control
- Read and understand electrical drawings, schematics and in
general the electrical design for HV substations.
- Prepare As-Built commissioning drawings with project mark ups
and highlighted drawings.
- Prepare lessons learned for the projects
- Project follow through and progress reporting
- Perform clerical responsibilities such as time cards, expense
reports and project reports.
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of professional experience
in the electrical testing industry, including experience in medium
and high voltage circuit breakers, power transformers, instrument
transformers, and substation protection and controls testing.
- Proven experience with Electrical Field Testing standards,
practices, and procedures such as IEEE, NFPA applicable
- Demonstrable knowledge of testing electrical distribution,
generation and transmission projects with voltage levels ranging
from 15 kV to 500 kV.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral, communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills, and ability
to perform mathematical calculations, working knowledge of computer
systems and project environment skills.
- Administrative software: MS Outlook, Excel, Word and
- Experienced in managing electrical drawings.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Technology
degree in similar discipline
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every
level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have
the chance to make a positive impact on the environment,
participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find
the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your
career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most
importantly, we strive to be our clients' first choice. These
traits - and deep technical skill - account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company,
we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where
we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel.
We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package,
professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER
Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be
contradictory to some, but it works well for us.
Keywords: Power Engineers, Fort Worth , PTE Testing Supervisor, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!