BH Counselor Days
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 17, 2020
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds,
the network includes an acute care hospital andmore than 40
community-based clinics, including19 school-based clinics. John
Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only
Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site
and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency
program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has
over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties
ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The
Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and
expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
Description: The BH Counselor is responsible for providing
assessments, individual and group therapy for assigned adult and
geriatric patients. Also, the BH Counselor is responsible for
telephone and in-person crisis intervention and counseling for
patients and family members and for information and referral
services. The BH Counselor participates in the development,
implementation and evaluation of the treatment plan, acting as a
liaison for family members, community agencies and the Mental
Health Court, and the coordination of discharge planning activities
* Completes an assessment, including an assessment of discharge
planning needs and alternatives for each assigned patient, per
* Participates in treatment planning for assigned patients.
* Charts assigned patients per operating procedure and maintains
other records as assigned.
* Liaisons with patients family or other support systems regarding
the patients care, treatment plan, and discharge plans.
* Assumes responsibility for crisis counseling, psycho-educational
services, or other responsibilities as assigned.
* Assumes primary responsibility for discharge planning, including
assessment of needs, coordinating referrals, consulting with other
service providers, and consultation with other community resources,
* Maintains current knowledge about issues affecting the adult and
* Maintains current community resource information regarding
services for adult and geriatric patients.
* Maintains clinical competence for adult and geriatric services
and exhibits professional growth and development.
* Utilizes behavioral health expertise to promote change to improve
behavioral and physical health conditions.
* Ensures compliance with patient HIV pre-counseling and
post-counseling per policy.
* Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Masters Degree in Counseling or Social Work from an accredited
college or University.
* 2 plus years of work experience conducting diagnosis of severe
mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders in a healthcare,
therapeutic, physician, and/or other clinical practice setting.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Must have a current licensure from Texas in one of the following:
Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social
Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) from the
Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners or the Texas State Board
of Examiners of Professional Counselors.
* Certification in Non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) but may be
obtained subsequent to hire.
* Basic Life Safety Certification (BLSC) required but with 90 days
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Must be a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor.
Fort Worth, Texas, 76102
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , BH Counselor Days, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!