Fuel System - Design Principal
Company: CTI Education Group
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Job Description - Fuel System - Design Principal (289603) Job
Description Description Fuel System Designer A Fuel System Engineer
opportunity is available to develop the fuel system on the Future
Long-Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA), the world's most advanced
tiltrotor air vehicle. The FLRAA builds on the generational
successes of past Bell experimental and production tiltrotors to
enable the war fighter and save lives. Applicants will have the
opportunity to experience the full lifecycle of the air vehicle and
develop solutions for an aircraft fuel system. This position is
located at Bell's headquarters facility in Ft. Worth, TX with
travel to other Bell and supplier facilities. The Fuel System
Design Engineer is responsible for assisting in the design,
development and implementation of the fuel system on the FLRAA
aircraft. Position Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of fuel system requirements and
architecture, including fuel components and conveyance.
- Assist in the design and analysis of the fuel system.
- Assist in the Fuel system CAD integration into the aircraft, in
coordination with interfacing system requirements.
- Management of supplier component development, qualification and
- System design, requirements management, specifications,
interface management, system safety assessment, verification and
validation testing support, aircraft functional test and flight
test support and management of aircraft/system qualification and
- Develop flight test plans and reports.
- Work closely with other teams, participating in design trade
studies for air vehicle level optimization.
- Support of fuel system activities throughout the build process,
flight test program, and field support.
- Develop layout of the fuel system in CATIA V6.
- Develop drawings for fuel system components in CATIA V6,
including the dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Design of fuel system test rigs.
- Determine fastener lengths that ensure sealing of external leak
- Determine hardware stack ups for fuel system routings to ensure
proper clearances are maintained. Qualifications Education
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree is preferred. Major
in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in fuel systems design and analysis is
preferred. All levels of experience will be considered
- Experience with aircraft fuel system development and testing
- Experience managing aircraft component suppliers through the
phases of new aircraft development
- Analysis skills to accomplish complete pressure drop and flow
analysis of fluid systems
- Experience with aircraft installation, functional testing, and
- Familiarity with military and industry standards for fuel
system component qualification and system level requirements and
- Experience with creation of system specifications, requirements
traceability, and verification
- Experience with the creation of System Safety Assessments,
Failure Hazard Analysis, and Certification/Qualification Test
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to
coordinate, prioritize tasks, and report status
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with
customers and suppliers, as well as horizontal integrations across
the other teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Ability to work effectively within a team utilizing good
interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance preferred
- Familiarity with model-based systems engineering preferred
- Experience with fuel system design, preferably rotorcraft
- Familiarity with 3D modeling using CATIA (V6 experience
- Experience with the design of hardware and tolerance stacks to
ensure correct fastener determination and sealing of external fluid
- Experience with system integration including fluid fittings,
components and materials used in fuel systems.
- Experience with material stack up requirements to prevent
- Experience with the design and use of static seal grooves.
- Familiarity with fuel system hardware.
- Ability to design fuel system test rigs for test.
- Experience with dimensioning and tolerancing engineering
- GD&T knowledge preferred. EEO Statement Textron is
committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all
applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion,
gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status,
handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected
by law. This position requires use of information which is subject
to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the
Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected
must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted
information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S.
Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'),
Political Asylee, or Refugee. Pay Transparency Policy Statement The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. Applicants selected
will be subject to a government security investigation and must
meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access
to classified information. Job Field Primary Location :
US-Texas-Fort Worth Recruiting Company : Bell Textron Inc. Schedule
: Full-time Job Level Shift : First Shift Travel : No Job Posting :
02/11/2021, 5:37:37 PM Relocation : Unavailable Textron (and its
subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S.
Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each
new employer's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Fort Worth , Fuel System - Design Principal, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!