Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Who We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
--home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over
300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range
from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group
formed around a common set of incentives and expectations
supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated
people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of
our community get the care they need and deserve. As community
stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it.Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our
journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy.Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients,
smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk.Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect.
Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday
experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and
dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
Description: Job Summary: The Payer Specialist is responsible for
coordinating all projects related to outstanding AR due to payer
delays in payment. This position is the point of contact for
complex account reviews that require escalation to the Insurance
* Owner of all responsibilities related to payer projects.
* Acts as escalation point between Patient Financial Services and
Insurance Provider Representative.
* Monitors all payer projects to ensure timely completion.
* Escalates exhausted appeal efforts for resolution.
* Acts as point of contact for complex account resolution.
* Identifies payer trends, determines financial impact, and
escalates to Insurance Provider Representative.
* Monitors high dollar accounts to ensure there are no payer delays
and escalates as needed if delays are identified.
* Partners with key stakeholders to ensure timely resolution is
received from payers.
* Maintains internal logs for reporting and internal tracking
* Provides a monthly report of payer trends to leadership.
* Compiles necessary data and provides updates at Joint Operating
* Maintains knowledge of payer contracts and reimbursement
* Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
* 5 years of experience in hospital billing and collections
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Associated degree in business or other related field
* 10 years of experience in hospital billing and collections
1350 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , Payer Specialist, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!