LVN PRN - Float Pool
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Who We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
--home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring
over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties
range from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim
group formed around a common set of incentives and expectations
supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated
people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of
our community get the care they need and deserve. As community
stewards, we abide by three rules:
Own it. Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our
journey to excellence.
Seek joy. Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients,
smile, and emphasize positivity.
- Don't be a jerk. Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect.
Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday
experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and
dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
LVN PRN - Float Pool
Nursing / LVN
Description: The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) PRN is
responsible for the total nursing care of assigned patients in
accordance with physicians' orders under the guidance and
supervision of the nurse in charge.
- Delivers quality nursing care to assigned group of patients
while minimizing the risk of infection, contamination, harm, or
- Records patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in patients'
- Conducts specified bedside laboratory tests.
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Completes documentation to meet regulatory standards, policies,
- Provides patient education directed towards identified
- Guides, educates, and provides leadership as a preceptor to new
LVNs and CMAs following 6 months of employment.
- Participates in performance improvement process initiatives
within JPS Health Network and assigned department.
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Graduated from an accredited school of vocational nursing.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current licensure to practice vocational nursing in the State
of Texas by the Board of Nurse Examiners and must maintain
licensure throughout employment.
- Current JPS recognized Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
and must be maintained throughout employment
- ACLS within 3 months of hire (required in Emergency Department
and Critical Care only).
- EKG test passed within 90 days of hire date and maintained
throughout employment (required in Emergency Department and
Critical Care only).
- Completion of Pediatric Life Support (PALS) within 90 days of
hire and maintains credentialing throughout employment for the
- Completion of unit specific competency based orientation
program within 90 days, if applicable.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification must be
obtained within 6 weeks of employment (for Inpatient Women's
- S.T.A.B.L.E. certification must be obtained within 6 months of
employment (for Inpatient Women's Services only).
- Approved Education and Training in Non-Violent Crisis
De-escalation must be obtained within 90 days of hire date and
maintained throughout employment for the Emergency Department.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 6 plus months of nursing experience.
1350 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , LVN PRN - Float Pool, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!