Front Line Leader - Production Shift Supervisor (3rd Shift)
Company: Bell Helicopter
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier
and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's
first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to
market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At
Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb
talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift
Bell-Textron Inc. is seeking a Front Line Leader (Production
Shift Supervisor) to support our Rotor System Center at our Fort
Worth/Hurst, Texas location.
- The Front Line Leader is responsible for the overall execution
and performance of an assigned area.
- This includes but is not limited to the general assigning,
managing and directing of the daily manufacturing activities of up
to 25 union covered employees within their assigned area to attain
economy of operations, maximize throughput, and ensure profitable
production of parts.
- The Front Line Leader will also be responsible for driving
performance, safety, quality of work, managing cost, and managing
- Directly responsible for the productivity of team and assigned
- Provide daily assignment and direction to direct reports.
- Collaborate and communicate with peers and team members across
various shifts to resolve issues and accomplish organizational
- Utilize metrics driven accountability for performance such as
TAKT, earned hours, efficiency, schedule, overhead, and overtime
- Evaluate business impact in regards to metrics, activity
reports, delivery schedules, manpower, etc.
- Manage in accordance with the local production union Collective
- Ability to achieve objectives in a matrix work environment and
work effectively with multiple functions (such as Supply Chain,
Process Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Quality, etc.)
- Develop, support, and implement process improvements.
- Conduct disciplines of employees when necessary.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, leadership, communication
and organization skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain,
Operations, Logistics or a related discipline preferred.
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- This candidate should be creative, entrepreneurial, and an
empowering team leader.
- This candidate must have excellent oral and written
communications skills, be detail oriented, and data driven with a
strong sense of urgency.
- This candidate must have strong analytical, communication and
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to work multiple shifts.
- 2 years production or manufacturing experience preferred
- Military experience preferred
- Managing a unionized workforce preferred
- Experience and/or training in Lean Manufacturing and Six
- Bell will consider candidates nationally, however, this
position does not offer relocation assistance
Don't miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment
that embodies one of our core values, Lift Each Other Up. As a
member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with
dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences,
backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our
products take us above and beyond flight.
Keywords: Bell Helicopter, Fort Worth , Front Line Leader - Production Shift Supervisor (3rd Shift), Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!