Coordinator, Faculty Recruitments & Appointments
Company: Texas Christian University
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Job Summary: The Coordinator for Faculty Recruitment and
Appointments is responsible for coordinating the recruitment,
onboarding, and appointment process for School of Medicine faculty
and ensuring adherence to organizational policies and procedures.
This position is also responsible for managing on-going and new
projects related to all academic appointments at TCU and the UNTHSC
School of Medicine. Duties & Essential Job Functions: 1. Processes
all academic appointment-related transactions including the
coordination of faculty actions by preparing faculty appointment
portfolios, contracts, salary letters and preparing and routing
personnel action forms, termination records, and updates faculty
salary information; ensures adherence to organizational policies
Works independently and as part of a team to ensure timely and
accurate new appointments and faculty titles and changes of status
for all School of Medicine faculty.
Manages receipt and review of electronic appointment
information; applies appointment policies and guidelines to review;
actively monitors and reconciles discrepancies.
Oversees timelines and appropriateness of appointments
exercising judgment and discretion in resolving issues for the
various faculty appointment levels.
Coordinates faculty hiring and appointment by communication to
faculty the payroll process and payment options; contracting
facilities to verify degrees, creating and modifying confidential
faculty, credential files and informational databases, search
information for faculty.
Ensures accurate faculty data is entered into the school faculty
management system and ensures quality control and integrity of
faculty records within the School faculty system as well as
Prepares confidential reports for use by various constituencies
(internal and external) on an ongoing basis.
Liaises with internal offices to develop and maintain working
partnerships (Human Resources, Office fo the Provost, and School of
Medicine academic departments) and works proactively and
collaboratively on process and ensuring data integrity for School
of Medicine faculty appointments.
Administers, coordinates and develops events and activities
involved in assigned programs and projects.
Serves as administrative support to Direct, Faculty Affairs and
Development, the Associate Dean, Faculty Affairs and
Assists with the planning and logistical support for all Faculty
Affairs data initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Required Education &
Experience: Bachelor's degree and 2 plus years of progressively
responsible experience in higher education and knowledge of
University academic structure, policies and procedures or
- 6 plus years' experience in higher education and knowledge of
University academic structure, policies and procedures. Preferred
Education & Experience: Experience with medical school faculty
affairs and appointment policies and processes.
- Experience working with web-based HR systems, particularly
PeopleSoft. Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
None Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized
Training: None Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of faculty
- Knowledge of academic appointments processes and policies.
- Knowledge of Federal regulations concerning equal opportunity,
and affirmative action.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and
- Skill in the use of database management.
- Skill in organization with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate and implement processes to improve
- Ability to clearly communicate information.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both
orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. Physical Requirements
(With or Without Accommodations): Visual acuity to read information
from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses
via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching,
flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking,
kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs. Work
Environment: Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to
schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
AA/EEO Statement: As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and
promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without
regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic
origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or
any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: May 24, 2021 Central Daylight Time
Keywords: Texas Christian University, Fort Worth , Coordinator, Faculty Recruitments & Appointments, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!