Patient Access Rep PRN Behavioral Health
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Who We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
--home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring
over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties
range from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim
group formed around a common set of incentives and expectations
supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated
people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of
our community get the care they need and deserve. As community
stewards, we abide by three rules:
Own it. Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our
journey to excellence.
Seek joy. Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients,
smile, and emphasize positivity.
- Don't be a jerk. Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect.
Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday
experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and
dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
Patient Access Rep PRN Behavioral Health
Hemphill Behavioral Health Outpatient Services
TBD-To be determined
Description: The Patient Access Representative (PAR) greets
patients and performs patient access functions to expedite patient
flow and enhance the patient experience. The PAR is responsible for
the registration of all patients' accessing services at JPS Health
Network with emphasis on patient access/satisfaction,
insurance/demographic verification and accuracy, and point of
service collection, while maintaining confidentiality,
professionalism and ethics continuously.
- Greets and directs patients and visitors in person and over the
phone utilizing AIDET principles. Provides information regarding
services, JPS location information and additional assistance as
- Accurately identifies patient and registers JPS patients while
maintaining regulatory and functional knowledge of all information
required to register patient types in database which ensures timely
& accurate reporting/billing.
- Explains and secures consent for all registration forms
including general consent forms, MSPQ, notice of privacy practices,
patient rights and responsibilities, MyChart enrollment etc.
- Distributes patient related materials and obtains patient or
authorized representative's signature on all insurance waivers and
other financial forms such as Estimate Letters as applicable.
- Collects patient owed cost sharing amounts (copays,
deductibles, coinsurance, full costs [non-covered/self-pay]) in
accordance with Standard Operating Procedure as well as referring
patients to Enrollment and Eligibility, when applicable. Reconciles
cash drawer at end of shift.
- Acquires precertification status on all applicable services,
such as in-office procedures, Inpatient/Outpatient Surgeries,
Outpatient Radiology & Cardiology Tests, and/or Physician Services,
or Pharmacy Services.
- Utilizes insurance verification tools to accurately verify
patients' insurance/financial information and maintains error rate
in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure.
- Coordinates and schedules appointments, selects appropriate
referral, provider, visit type and location to expedite patient
access to care, minimizes "no shows" and maximizes
- Maintains daily Epic work queue, quality assurance, and
established productivity levels with minimal errors (i.e. daily
in-basket review, telephone encounters, reporting, and cash
- Provides the highest quality of care to our patients by
complying with JPS Health Network's attendance and punctuality
procedure. May be required to work beyond normal scheduled
- Attends all mandatory educational, compliance and safety
- Assists in staff training of peers, colleagues and management,
as applicable or requested.
- Demonstrates the importance of satisfying the needs of the
patient/customer by friendly and caring interactions, being
attentive to the customer's needs, and by taking the initiative to
maintain communication with the customer in order to provide a
secure and pleasant experience throughout JPS Health Network.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 1 plus year of experience using Microsoft Professional Office
Suite including, Word, Excel and Outlook. Preferred Education and
- 1 plus year of experience in a Patient Access/Patient
Accounting role. Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized
- Patient Access - General Consent Orientation and Patient
Financial Experience Training if assigned to Patient Access ED,
Patient Access Urgent Care, Patient Access Specialty, Business
Services JSCA, Main Admissions & Auths., and Patient Access Women's
Health (must be completed 30 days subsequent to hire). Preferred
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA).
- Bilingual in Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic or other
Fort Worth, Texas, 76102
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , Patient Access Rep PRN Behavioral Health, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!