BH Technician Floater Nights
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Who We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
--home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring
over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties
range from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim
group formed around a common set of incentives and expectations
supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated
people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of
our community get the care they need and deserve. As community
stewards, we abide by three rules:
Own it. Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our
journey to excellence.
Seek joy. Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients,
smile, and emphasize positivity.
- Don't be a jerk. Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect.
Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday
experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and
dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
BH Technician Floater Nights
Trinity Springs Pavilion for Psychiatric Services
Description: The BH Technician assists and performs basic
patient care in a psychiatric treatment environment. This position
performs a variety of paraprofessional nursing duties in providing
care to psychiatric patients and directly reports to the RN.
- Assists in the delivery of direct patient care as assigned by
the nurse, reporting and documenting results including vital signs
- Assists in maintaining a therapeutic milieu with professional
behavior and communication by engaging patients in groups and
reporting patient participation and needs to the nurses and
interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Assists with admission, dismissal, and transfer of patients and
checks patient property and secures valuables according to policy
- Assists patients in activities of daily living, engages with
patients utilizing individual's coping/treatment plan to attend to
their needs, and provides assistance in non-aggressive crisis
- Assists in maintaining patient safety in milieu utilizing
non-aggressive patient management and environmental rounds.
- Escorts patients within the facility, to other departments, to
outside activities; transports patients in van as needed.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times on or off
- Completes hand off communication with nurses and other staff
when coming on and off unit to ensure patient safety and
- Maintains close observation as ordered by the physician and
documentation completed according to departmental policy and
- Maintains cleanliness of unit in collaboration with
- Assists in training and mentorship for other Behavioral Health
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 1 plus years of healthcare related experience or enrolled in
nursing program. Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree in health care, psychology or related field
may be substituted for years of experience.
- 1 plus years of Acute Psychiatric patient care experience.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Certification in Non-Aggressive Crisis Management; must be
obtained while in orientation and maintained throughout
- Current JPS recognized Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
certification must be obtained while in orientation or prior and
maintained throughout employment Preferred
- CNA, EMT, Psychiatric Technician Certification
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , BH Technician Floater Nights, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!