School Nurse 2020-2021
Company: Fort Worth Independent School District
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 12, 2021
2020-2021 School Year
Nurse Salary Range
Duty Days: 187 days
The registered nurse provides for the promotion and maintenance
of health as well as the prevention of illness and injuries. This
facilitates the removal of health-related barriers to learning and
promoting an optimal level of wellness for students and staff.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently by providing nursing
services for ill or injured students including emergency care.
- Provides emergency nursing services for all school staff.
- Serves as a health resource person for all school staff.
Supports classroom instruction in select content areas and
participates in direct health teaching at the request of the
principal and or teacher.
- Conducts the school nurse practitioner program, including
history, screening, counseling, and appropriate referral of
students with follow-up to ensure correction of defects.
- Performs nursing services as needed for individual students
such as administering medications, catheterizations, tracheostomy
care, diabetic care, etc., when ordered by their physicians.
- Develops an Individualized Health Care Plan, (including an
emergency care plan) for each diabetic student and any other
student as needed.
- Maintains a health record for each student including record of
- Monitors and assures student immunization compliance and inputs
all immunization data on computer.
- Demonstrates organizational skills in managing the nurse's
clinic, maintaining a weekly planner, and making changes as school
scheduling may demand.
- Attends District staff development in-services and after school
staff meetings as required.
- Consults with physicians, other facilities, and agencies that
will promote and help maintain the welfare of student's
- Corresponds with parents/guardians in regarding any incident
that may occur at school that involves their child's health and
- Conducts a program directed toward the control of communicable
- Participates in the placement of students in special
instructional programs. Serves on screening and ARD
- Conducts periodic inspections of school buildings.
- Reports suspected or identified cases of child abuse.
- Functions in accordance with the Texas Nursing Practice Act and
the Board of Nursing Rules and the school district's policies and
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Valid license to practice nursing in the State of Texas
- Experience as a school or public health nurse preferred.
- Current CPR certificate.
- Competency in Physical Assessment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written
forms with staff members, parents, physicians, agencies and to
prepare regulatory reports.
- Knowledge of all applicable medical terminology and federal,
state, and local laws governing student health services.
- Must have mode of transportation.
Physical Job Requirements
PHYSICAL DEMANDS REFERENCE
Occasionally (0-33% of day, 0-32 repetitions)
Frequently (34-66% of day, 33-200 repetitions)
Constantly (67-100% of day, >200+ repetitions)
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or
feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video
display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stand
and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb stairs. The employee
must maintain emotional control under stress, and occasionally work
prolonged and/or irregular hours. The employee must regularly lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 35 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision. The work environment is a standard office setting including
standard office equipment (fax, copier, phone, computer, 10-key,
etc.). The noise level in the work environment is usually low to
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They
are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job
Keywords: Fort Worth Independent School District, Fort Worth , School Nurse 2020-2021, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!