Police Officer - Temporary
Company: Texas Christian University
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Job Summary: The Police Officer is responsible for providing
security services by preventing crime; enforcing laws; apprehending
suspects; monitoring traffic. Duties & Essential Job Functions: 1.
Prevents crime by explaining and enforcing applicable federal,
state and local laws and ordinances; teaching preventive,
protective and defensive tactics; patrolling assigned areas;
responding to notices of disturbances; conducting searches;
observing suspicious activities; detaining suspects.
Apprehends suspects by responding to complaints and calls for
help; observing violations; making arrests.
Conducts criminal investigations by gathering evidence;
interviewing victims and witnesses; interrogating suspects.
Documents observations and actions by radioing information;
Maintains safe traffic conditions by monitoring and directing
traffic; enforcing laws and ordinances; investigating accidents;
providing escort; reporting unsafe streets and facilities.
Minimizes personal injury by rescuing and reviving victims;
radioing for medical assistance.
Maintains operations by following department policies and
procedures; recommending changes.
Ensures operation of equipment by practicing use; completing
preventive maintenance requirements; troubleshooting malfunctions;
notifying supervisor of needed repairs.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by studying
applicable federal, state and local law and ordinances; attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
practicing skills; participating in professional societies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education &
Experience: Associates degree or equivalent in experience.
- 1 year of related experience. Preferred Education & Experience:
None Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training: Texas
Commission on Law Enforcement Officers (TCOLE) Certification.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical
- Ability to become TLETS/TCIC/NCIC certified. Preferred
Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training: None
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of basic customer service
- Knowledge of crime scene investigation techniques.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally.
- Ability to draft grammatically correct correspondence. Physical
Requirements (With or Without Accommodations): Visual acuity to
read information from computer screens, forms and other printed
materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses
via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching,
flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, climbing,
walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 180 lbs. Work
Environment: Work is indoors and outdoors and is subject to
schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
AA/EEO Statement: As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and
promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without
regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic
origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or
any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: April 8, 2021 Central Daylight Time
Keywords: Texas Christian University, Fort Worth , Police Officer - Temporary, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!