Machinist - GEMS 3W
Company: Wabtec Corporation
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment,
systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and
transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective
experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport,
the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological
innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling
the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on
performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions
that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000
employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's
new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career or your job titleit's about who
you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you
want to go into uncharted watersdo things that haven't been done to
make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing
that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people,
leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec
delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the
language of industry.
Machinists will be responsible for performing multiple tasks to
support the fabrication of locomotive/mining components. In
addition to machining, you will have responsibility for assembling
components and other duties as assigned. Machinists are responsible
for working together as a team to improve manufacturing processes
and promote a climate of cooperation.
Machinist may include but is not limited to the following:
- Understand and perform all functions required to set up and
operate a variety of CNC and /or manual machining equipment
including but not limited to: 4 axis vertical lathes, horizontal
boring machines, gear hobber, gear grinder, cylindrical grinder,
radial arm drill and coordinate measuring machines
- Use standard machine tools including, but not limited to drill
press, band saw, lathe, press breaks, welding equipment etc., and a
variety of hand, electric, and pneumatic tools
- Change and adjust tools as required to maintain quality
- Set up both fixtures and parts for machining
- De-burr parts
- Use manual and electronic inspection devices to check multiple
- Set up and perform simple welding operations
- Promote climate of cooperation; leading by example mentoring
others in safety, quality, environmental, lean and high-performance
work team philosophies
- Work with all facility employees on improving manufacturing
processes through prototyping, fabrication and experimental
machining to develop and prove concepts and design and implement
necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing improvements
- Assembly of components and full assembly of finished parts
- Paint applications including but not limited to dry sanding,
masking, unmasking, primer paint application, seal and touch up
- Material transport including the use of but not limited to,
radio-controlled cranes, forklifts and tuggers
- Prying and setting heavy equipment may also be required
All machinists will perform multiple tasks in any combination
and concentration of the above-mentioned areas and will rotate
through all or most of the processes rather than being assigned to
a specific task. Machinist must be able to work as part of a team
having responsibility for assembling numerous components and other
duties as assigned.
- 2nd Shift from 3:15pm to 11:45pm and/or 3rd shift from 10:45 pm
- Starting pay rate is $24.47 per hour with night shift
differential of $1/hr.
- 3 years CNC Machining experience.
- Working knowledge of G&M code.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using blue prints and
manufacturing instructions to produce machined parts.
- Must be able to lift material up to 40 lbs with or without
- Must have ability to properly use and care for assigned tools
- Must be able to adhere to standards, do a quality job in a safe
manner, within allotted time.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment technical
- Every employee will be an in-process inspector.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have high-school diploma or GED or equivalent.
- Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment, for
example safety glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs and safety
- Must be willing to work in a tobacco-free environment.
- Be willing to take a drug test & submit to a background check
as part of the selection process.
- Be willing to submit to random drug tests.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will
not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future,
for this job.
- Must be willing to work as necessary to meet requirements of
the position, including the ability to work occasional weekends and
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's
toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on
a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to
employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless
source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented
people of varied backgrounds, experiences and stylespeople like
you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected
Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that
requires accommodation, please let us know.
Keywords: Wabtec Corporation, Fort Worth , Machinist - GEMS 3W, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!