Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: July 21, 2021
The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program
at Leidos is seeking an Environmental Engineer to work out of our
Fort Worth, Texas location. This professional will provide support
to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Central Service Area
(CSA) Environmental Clean-up Program.
The Environmental Engineer will provide assistance with
management and implementation of national EOSH policy, support and
compliance with a wide array of Federal laws and regulations in the
FAA Service Area, legacy Regional, and subordinate
facilities. Monitor and review operations and proposed
construction projects to assure compliance with published
environmental criteria. Provide estimates for the demolition of
damaged structures and clean-up of any hazardous areas.
- Coordinating with government customers on a routine basis to
recommend environmental compliance
- Providing environmental oversight and guidance
- Gain familiarity with the FAA’s Environmental Cleanup (ECU)
Program including the different phases of cleanup activities.
- Assist in generating cleanup cost estimates through the RACER
- Assist in managing cleanup activities though use of the FEATS
- Assist in coordinating and scheduling site surveys and cleanup
activities at various sites throughout the CSA.
- Perform site visits when needed in order to audit and/or
provide assistance with cleanup activities.
- Help identify potential areas of concern throughout the CSA so
the agency can be proactive in its cleanup activities.
- Maintain awareness in regulatory changes which may affect the
- Master of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical
Engineering with 6+ years relevant or Bachelor of Science degree
with 8+ years of experience in Environmental Health and Safety
- Knowledge of government test procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team environment
- Project Management Professional
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- Ability to acquire a Public Trust clearance
Typically Requires BS and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant
experience or Master’s with 6 - 10 years of relevant experience.
May possess a doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Fort Worth , Environmental Engineer, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!