Patient Care Tech
Company: Medical City Weatherford
Posted on: October 7, 2021
SHIFT: No Weekends
Care Technician / PCT
Medical City Weatherford
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high quality,
patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic
patient care services related to common nursing functions and
activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered
nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient
care in accordance with the PCT’s skills/training and the needs of
the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with
maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care
environment. The PCT complies with all hospital policies/procedures
and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed
assistive personnel (UAP).
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by
performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision
of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information
throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital
signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood
glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to
performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at
time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to
the RN/Team Leader.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning,
dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers,
crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from
other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges.
Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Provides or assists with non-medicated support tasks delegated
by the RN in compliance with the State Board of Nursing rules for
RN delegation of common or discretionary tasks to the UAP., Such
tasks may include non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection,
application of heat or ice, and venous compression devices.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for
diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and
timely transfer of specimen.
- Retrieves medication from pharmacy, storage room, or tube
system and delivers to licensed staff member as instructed.
- Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other
- Orients patients/families/caregivers to room and hospital
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include
eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and
elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Performs hourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights
and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and
resolve them proactively.
- Follows patient and employee safety/security policies and
protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions,
use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation
- Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-free patient rooms.
Empties trash and removes soiled linens.
- Assists with post-mortem care.
- Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaning of equipment.
Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates repairs.
- Performs clerical work as needed, including assembling and
maintain charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and
- Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance
the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Demonstrates caring and empathy in all interactions and
advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all
decisions and actions.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including active
listening. Ensures patients, physicians, and colleagues have a
clear understanding of all communications.
- Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the
patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication
fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
- Participates as an active member of the health care team and
positively promotes the rest of the team to
patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behaviors
consistent with established policies/procedures.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel as directed. Serves
as a positive role model and resource for peers.
- Seeks opportunities to impact the growth of the organization by
promoting excellence in patient experience and providing high
quality care to the patients served.
- Monitors unit and individual patient rooms to assess
availability of supplies. Restocks to optimum levels as
- Utilizes charge system for supplies and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” and “Mission and
Education & Experience:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Training Program,
- 1+ years of experience in an acute care setting, preferred
- American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC)
Basic Life Support (BLS)
At Medical City, you have options.
You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a plan just for
you. You can enroll in several different medical plans, if
eligible, which includes vision and dental. You can even select
additional à la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in
our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k (100% annual match –
3% to 9% of pay based on years of service), flex spending accounts
for medial and childcare needs, participate in our tuition
reimbursement/assistance and student loan repayment programs, paid
personal leave, identity theft protection discounts; auto, home,
and life insurance options, and adoption assistance.
Medical City Weatherford is a
103-bed, all private room hospital that includes a network of
medical clinics serving Parker County. The dedicated and
experienced medical staff represents more than 31 medical
specialties. Medical City Weatherford's comprehensive healthcare
services encompass inpatient and outpatient care, and medical,
surgical and emergency care, to name a few. The hospital has
received numerous awards and recognition, including Press Ganey
Summit Award, The Joint Commission’s Top Performer in Key Quality
Measures and The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval.
Our Talent Acquisition team is
reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates
will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today
to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this
site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: Medical City Weatherford, Fort Worth , Patient Care Tech, Other , Weatherford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!