Corrections Monitor - Avenue J
Company: Volunteers of America - Texas
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 15, 2022
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a
passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for
you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit
organization, has operated with a mission of "Helping America's
Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential" through various
programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed
and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through
PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and
Position: Residential Re-Entry Monitor (Corrections)
Location: Avenue J - Fort Worth, Texas
Rate of Pay: $17.54 per hour (Hourly rate of $13.00 plus $4.54 p/hr
additional Fringe Pay)
Shifts Available: 4 p.m.-12 a.m. & 12 a.m.-8 a.m. (or Combo)
Must have weekend availability.
Sign-on Bonus: $250!
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The Residential Monitor is responsible for monitoring clients of
the residential program and facility in accordance with VOA-TX
policies and procedures and sponsoring agency requirements.
* Maintains the overall security and operational control of the
* Maintains chronological written records of events that occur
during the shift.
* Monitors client movements inside and outside the facility.
* Controls contraband in facility through general observation,
facility searches, and client searches.
* Ensures facility cleanliness by assigning and monitoring client
work, morning duty, and extra duty assignments.
* Observes client behavior and reports to the Lead Residential
Monitor in a timely manner any situations that are irregular or
* Obtains urine specimens and breath samples to monitor client
* Performs partial intake on new clients.
* Makes periodic tours of the facility and the grounds to ensure
high level of security by observation and corrective action, if
* Monitors number of clients and their activities.
* Monitors visitor activities.
* Secures and inventories personal possessions of clients who leave
* Assists clients with short-term coping and problem solving.
* Assists clients in the utilization of public transportation.
* Monitors main and secondary entrances to the facility and answer
* Ensures compliance with VOA-TX policies and procedures, standard
operating procedures, and sponsoring agency requirements.
* Monitors, observes, and records client self-administration of
* Transports clients in agency vehicles to and from scheduled
activities as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent OR transferable work experience
that meets the desired qualifications for this position. A high
school diploma or equivalent and experience in a residential
setting is preferred.
* A Texas Drivers License is required and the ability to be
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package
including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance,
Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
Keywords: Volunteers of America - Texas, Fort Worth , Corrections Monitor - Avenue J, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!