Scientist/Senior Scientist-Remote (In Silico Protein Design)
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 17, 2022
We are a rapidly expanding and well-funded biotechnology company
focused on employing cutting edge protein engineering and
multi-specific antibodies to discover therapeutic solutions to
challenging diseases. At Invenra, we start with biology, then
employ our extensive technology toolbox and efficient discovery
engine to design and create first- and best-in-class drug
candidates. Using our proprietary B-BODY---, SNIPER--- and
CLUSTR--- technologies, we have generated a robust pipeline of
next-generation multi-specific antibodies to address unmet
therapeutic needs in immuno-oncology and autoimmunity. Invenra's
employee-focused management and flexible work environment creates a
culture of energy and innovation where everyone makes a difference,
and everyone benefits from success. For more information, please
Invenra is assembling a world-class team to work in our virology
group, pursuing the discovery of biotherapeutics against major
viral threats including Ebola, Lassa, and Marburg. Invenra is
seeking a highly motivated scientist with extensive experience in
In Silico Protein Design to join our new virology team, where they
will be creating the fundamental subunits of our novel
therapeutics. Reporting to the Head of Discovery and Protein
Science, this individual will use RosettaDesign or other
state-of-the-art protein design software to design de novo
hyperstable binding modules, useful targets, and complete
therapeutic molecules. The candidate will also design libraries for
use in selections to identify hits and leads. In addition, the
candidate may be coordinating academic or CRO collaborations in the
areas of protein design and viral inhibition. The position requires
direct experience with de novo protein design and excellent
scientific and problem-solving skills, with a strong focus on
creative solutions to technical problems.
- Establish top quality protein design expertise at Invenra.
- Design hyper-stable protein domains, libraries, and target
- Analyze target structures, create novel binding surfaces and
- Coordinate collaborations and sponsored research activities
with academic and CRO labs.
- Contribute ideas that could lead to new antiviral drug
- Lead a discovery project in the antiviral group.
- Assemble reports on progress and results, for inclusion in
Invenra's quarterly reporting requirement to the contracting
Please note : This position does not require relocation. It may be
remote OR on-site in Madison, WI.
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies:
- PhD OR a Master's degree with 3+ years of post-graduate
experience in biophysics, biochemistry, or a related field. Prior
industry experience is a plus.
- Expertise in protein design software such as
- Hands on experience designing de novo proteins or hyperstable
versions of existing structures.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a
- Demonstrated success with at least one of the following:
- In silico design or modulation of a protein-protein
- Evaluating and minimizing immunogenic risk
- Incorporating pH dependence in binding interfaces
- Designing libraries for in vitro selection
- Experience in the field of biotherapeutic discovery
Note: All candidates must be authorized to work in the United
Includes a competitive compensation and benefits package composed
of health and dental benefits, 401k match, stock option grants,
PTO, tuition reimbursement, a generous bonus plan and relocation
assistance. At Invenra, we believe in maintaining the highest
ethical standards and ensuring that all employees have a good
Invenra is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Invenra is committed to a
diverse workforce. We believe every individual brings their own
unique experience, and these experiences foster innovation and
success. We are enthusiastically inclusive of age, race, creed,
color, disability, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry,
sexual orientation, and military service.
This employer uses E-Verify:
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Invenra, Fort Worth , Scientist/Senior Scientist-Remote (In Silico Protein Design), Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!