Medication Aide - Corrections Nights
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
-home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.Acclaim is our multispecialty medical
practice group featuring over 300 providers serving the JPS Health
Network. Specialties range from primary care to general surgery and
trauma. The Acclaim group formed around a common set of incentives
and expectations supporting the operational, financial, and
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated
people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of
our community get the care they need and deserve. As community
stewards, we abide by three rules:1. Own it.Everyone who wears the
JPS badge contributes to our journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy.Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients,
smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk.Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect.
Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday
experience at JPS.When working here, you're surrounded by passion,
diversity, and dedication. We look forward to meeting you!For more
information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
Job Description:Description: The Medication Aide Corr administers
medication ensuring the 5 Rights of medication administration are
followed at all times and monitors the consumption of all
medications administered to the patient. The Medication Aide
assists in the administration of oral and topical medications as
directed and prescribed by the health care practitioner and assists
in the clinical care of patients as directed by the professional
nurse and prescribed by the health care practitioner.Typical
- Administers medication ensuring the 5 Rights of medication
administration are followed at all times and monitors the
consumption of all medications administered to the patient.
- Observes and reports to the licensed nurse any reactions and/or
side effects to medication taken by the patient.
- Documents the administered medication on the patients
medication administration record (MAR).
- Administers medication according to physicians orders.
- Prepares medication to be administered.
- Notifies mental health staff if a mental health patient refuses
medication for three consecutive days.
- Completes end of the month MAR change out process.
- Orders patient refill medications from the pharmacy in a timely
- Acts as health care team member.
- Maintains positive and effective relationships with patients,
family members, co-workers, Sheriffs Department staff and other
Network and contract employees.
- Accesses navigate through Tarrant County Sheriffs Department
(TCSO) IT System.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.Qualifications:
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Medication Aide Training Program.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current Medication Aide certificate issued by the Texas
Department of Aging and Disability Services.Location Address:
100 N. Lamar Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76102
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , Medication Aide - Corrections Nights, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!