Senior Benefits Specialist
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Senior Benefits Specialist
Work you'll do
This position is responsible for supporting Rewards, Recognition
and Well-being (RRWB). Specifically, the role will assist with the
administration of US Benefits. In this role, the Senior Benefits
Specialist will be responsible for supporting the administration of
the Deloitte benefit plans with a focus on day-to-day plan
management, acquisition support, and compliance reporting. Specific
responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide counseling to management, partners, principals,
directors, employees and retirees regarding provisions of
existing/new benefits, policies and processes as needed
- Assist in the implementation of new plans, programs and changes
to plans and/or administrative procedures. Prepare documentation of
process and technology change needs for other teams and perform
independent testing functions, including sign-offs, of related
materials and systems. Includes translating program requirements
into business and technical specifications.
- Evaluate and compare existing benefits programs with those of
other employers through analysis of other plans, survey data, and
other sources of information. Also complete industry surveys.
- Prepare, with legal and management consultation, benefit
documentation such as original and amended Summary Plan Description
texts and DeloitteNet content.
- Update benefits-related applications and information on
internal Deloitte webpages (content, new hire center, etc.) and
deloitte.com to maintain accuracy throughout the year
- Perform tasks related to compliance with provisions of Employee
Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), including the preparation
of reports and filings required by federal and state agencies
- Test systems and interfaces, perform reconciliations, run
reports, and conduct analyses for ongoing processes and special
projects. Will be asked to make recommendations to improve/resolve
issues, as necessary.
The individual selected for this role must have a basic knowledge
of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and
compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee
benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, and SECTION 125.
Individual must have the ability to handle confidential and
sensitive information with appropriate discretion, work in a
virtual team environment with a client service focus.
The benefits team is part of the Rewards, Recognition and
Well-being team within the Talent organization. The team
collaborates with the businesses/channels and various stakeholders
to provide strategic insight into benefits. The team advises,
implements, and executes the rewards strategy and benefits approach
across all Deloitte businesses.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Strong proficiency in MS-Office tools (Word, Excel, Access,
- Knowledge of HRIS systems and data transmission
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the
role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended
until further notice.)
- Experience working in a rapidly evolving, highly matrixed
- Knowledge of Web Employee Self-Service applications
- Analytical skills and ability to manage time well, prioritize
effectively and handle multiple deadlines
Keywords: Deloitte, Fort Worth , Senior Benefits Specialist, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!