Security Officer 1st shift SWDC
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Description
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It's our heritage and it's also our
future. Because we don't just make toys. We create innovative
products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop
children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of
our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can
show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value
and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and
broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our
brands, partners, and suppliers.Job Description
The Opportunity: Will provide a safe and secure workplace for all
people on property while protecting Mattel's assets/interests.What
Your Impact Will Be:
- Enforce Mattel Global Security Department Best Practices and
adhere to US Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT)
- Respond to all emergencies and take appropriate action
- Protect the Distribution Center from theft, vandalism, fire
and/or unauthorized access
- Perform administrative data entry duties for inbound and
outbound tractor trailers or vehicles
- Screen people entering/exiting through the employee
entrance/exit areas to ensure authorized entry
- Patrols the interior and exterior of all buildings checking for
unauthorized activity and to ensure no unauthorized person(s) are
inside of buildings.
- When applicable, ensures buildings are locked when
- Report security/safety incidents to Shift Supervisors or the
Site Supervisor to ensure proper documentation and follow-up
- Responds to all fire alarms and investigates the cause of
alarms, taking any emergency action if necessary (in accordance
with training received)
- Drive a Mattel fleet vehicle or golf cart throughout the Mattel
distribution center and satellite warehouse location (where
applicable) to deter any type of activity that would negatively
impact the business
- Provide a high level of customer service to all Mattel people,
vendors or visitors on property
- Additional responsibilities may be requested based on business
needs at your locationQualifications
What We're Looking For:
- One or more years of Security, Asset Protection, Loss
Prevention, Law enforcement or military background preferred.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); one year
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- CPR certification desired
- Texas Department of Safety Security Officer, Level II license
- Texas Issued Driver's license required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
policies, professional journals, technical procedures or
- Retaining and implementing knowledge of all applicable Standard
Operating Procedures, demonstrating responsible and dependable
behavior, and is open to change and adapts to new information or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure
manuals including detailed incident reports writing.
- Display exceptional customer service and communication
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from employees, clients, customers and the general
- Solid basic math skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer, tablet and smart phone
knowledge – (Microsoft suite, internet, mobile applications and
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to rotate shifts based on business need. Must be able
to work weekends and overtime as required.
- Outdoor post assignments may require an individual to withstand
extreme heat, humidity, cold, and/or severe weather (e.g. snow,
sleet, rain, hail, wind).
- Ability to use post security equipment (handheld and walk-thru
metal detectors, hand held radios, access control systems,
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and
arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Attend and participates in all mandatory training to meet
requirements, maintain job-competence, and develop
What It's Like to Work Here:We are a purpose driven company aiming
to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood
and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing
the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one
team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and
working closely together always brings better results. Partnership
is our process and our collective capabilities is our
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better
ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where
you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and
have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives
that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for
excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We
believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people
are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver
results.Who We Are:Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner
of one of the strongest catalogs of children's and family
entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative
products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop
children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of
iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American
Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular
intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with
global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and
television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35
locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries
in collaboration with the world's leading retail and ecommerce
companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a
trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of
childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we
want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome
all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans,
individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations
and gender identities.
Keywords: Mattel, Fort Worth , Security Officer 1st shift SWDC, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!