Sr. Data Scientist
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Elevate is a globally distributed technology firm which develops
next-generation financial products focused on managing life's
everyday expenses. The Data Science team conceptualizes, develops,
deploys, and maintains predictive models using advanced statistical
and machine learning methods. These models are used in Elevate's
Underwriting, Account Management, and Operations applications. The
Sr. Data Scientist plays a critical role by applying cutting-edge
modeling techniques to drive growth, control risk, and ensure
- Design, Develop and Deploy advanced machine learning and
Artificial Intelligence algorithms/predictive models for use in
Underwriting, Customer Management, Marketing, and Operations.
- Assess, clean, merge, and analyze large datasets adhering to
standardized data manipulation techniques and methodology by
leveraging R, Python and/or Apache Spark.
- Perform parallel processing computations both within R as well
as cluster computing technologies such as Apache Spark.
- Design, Develop and Deploy multiple linear and nonlinear
algorithms for testing, development and deployment into our
underwriting engine in the application of risk management in all of
Elevate's acquisition channels.
- Efficiently apply data mining methodologies to minimize
credit/fraud losses, maximize response and approval rates, and
develop methods to enhance profitability of Elevate products.
- Successfully implement scoring models on multiple decision
platforms Including R instance deployment, On premise deployment
and cloud deployment and multiple forms such as Java objects, R
Object Models and Apache Spark Models.
- Provide knowledge, insight and guidance of third party data
providers such as Transunion, Clarity/Experian and Equifax to
include knowledge of products and data available, products to
purchase or discontinue, cost benefit analysis of retrospective
analysis, effective use of variables, data dictionaries as well as
advantages and limitations.
- Maintain clear, detailed model documentation on our Wiki Server
by leveraging reproducible research technologies such as Rmarkdown,
IPython, Jupyter Notebook, etc.
- Functional lead and point of contact with business partners to
support the needs and goals of all Elevate portfolios, Rock teams,
Braintrusts and Pods.
- Lead analytical projects by leveraging and coaching Jr Data
Experience and Education:
- Minimum Master's degree in highly quantitative field
(Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, or other
quantitatively-oriented degree) required.
- At least three years of experience in Data Science or Modeling
for consumer lending; Professional experience waived with at least
two years of Data Science or Modeling experience and Ph.D. Degree
in highly quantitative field (Statistics, Economics, Mathematics,
or other quantitatively-oriented degree)
- Experience with third-party consumer credit data and non-FCRA
compliant consumer data.
- Demonstrated proficiency with advanced statistical modeling and
substantial experience with machine learning techniques (e.g.,
Random Forest, Gradient Boosting, LASSO, Elastic Net, etc).
Knowledge of penalized regression and classification methods a
- Strong data skills, with ability to conduct substantial data
- Proficiency with Linux and R, Python, or Java; expertise with
versioning software (e.g., Git), big data solutions and data
processing frameworks (e.g., Spark, Hadoop).
- Experience with at least four database technologies such as
MSSQL Server, SAS Datasets, Hadoop, Apache Hive/Impala, Spark,
Redshift, HBASE, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Neo4j, Teradata, Oracle,
MySQL, DB2, Amazon AWS, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, JSON & XML
- Proven experience working in fast-paced environment with
- Superior communication skills for communication with Risk
Management peers and executive team.
- Proficiency of contemporary supervised and unsupervised data
mining techniques a plus.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Technological Competence - Extensive knowledge of R, Python,
Scala, Java, SAS, MATLAB, SQL, and/or SPSS and risk management
technology with the ability to leverage such tools to improve the
organization's decision making criteria.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills with proven ability
to deal with whitespace and ambiguity.
- Motivation Skills - History of achieving aggressive
organizational goals and objectives, conveying sense of urgency
while moving beyond challenges and obstacles.
- Thinking and Administrative Skills - Solid analytical and
problem solving skills. Ability to analyze trends and suggest
solutions to challenges.
- Achieve Successful Results - Takes the initiative to get things
- Demonstrates Adaptability - Works effectively in the face of
stress, ambiguity, difficult situations and shifting
- Innovates - Challenges the status quo thinking to generate new
ideas; takes open minded approach to situations.
- Communication Skills - Refined written and verbal communication
skills. Ability to foster open communications, listen effectively
and build strong partnership networks.
Keywords: Elevate, Fort Worth , Sr. Data Scientist, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!