Fabrication Operator (2nd & 3rd Shifts)
Company: Illinois Tool Works
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 23, 2022
* Observes and assists experienced machinists in the performance
of the job duties following this paragraph in order to learn and
develop the skills required to perform all job duties.
* Will be required to learn to operate machines required to for
* Positions, aligns and bolts dies, blades, bedplates, cushion
pins, and stops, using shims and measuring tools. May set up
automatic or multipurpose machines.
* Differentiates between various metal types and thickness to
ensure correct type of metal is being used in the particular task
assignment. Adjusts flow of lubricants, pressure and depth of
stroke, or feed of material, applying knowledge of thickness and
properties of metal or according to standard specifications.
Determines special handling procedures or techniques needed for
* Reviews end product of work performed for errors or deficiencies
and takes steps required to correct such errors or deficiencies
* Accurately and efficiently completes all forms and reports
related to work performed in the fab shop.
* Clears jams and corrects minor malfunction of machines. Reports
need for machine repair to supervisor.
* May be required to cross train and become proficient on operation
of all machinery in the department.
* Inspects products and processes while performing job duties to
ensure all work done meets or exceeds standards of the company's
* Works cooperatively and congenially with co-workers to achieve
cohesive and productive work processes and work environment.
* Perform additional tasks as assigned by management or as the
Keywords: Illinois Tool Works, Fort Worth , Fabrication Operator (2nd & 3rd Shifts), Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!