Occupational Therapist - Full Time
Company: Kindred Healthcare
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Occupational Therapist (OT) provides occupational therapy
evaluations, modalities, and treatments as prescribed by a licensed
physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability
following injury, disease, or physical disability. Assists patients
to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning while
learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability as indicated for the
care of those patients being treated by Certified Occupational
Therapist Assistants, rehabilitation technicians and occupational
therapy students. May be assigned to orient staff and students and
assume the duties and responsibilities of the supervisor in the
absence of that individual as qualified to do so.
- Assesses patients' needs; identifies and initiates appropriate
occupational therapy interventions; works cooperatively with other
patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional
occupational therapy practice and interdisciplinary
- Observes and evaluates treatment affect, accomplishment of
short and long term goals. Recommends change to physician, if
- Performs an appropriate assessment on each patient and performs
reassessments, as per policy. Performs accurate and timely QI
scoring. The population is adult and geriatric patients requiring
an adult medical rehabilitation program and services.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of
function of participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate
interventions to reduce pain; makes appropriate physician contact
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Reports patient progress and barriers to discharge in each
patient team conference
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs
and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in
teaching, as appropriate. Performs appropriate
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of occupational therapy
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and
religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Maintains
department cleanliness and safety.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves
patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff,
and administrative team.
- Participates in patient/family conferences and team
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized, and to
function under stressful situations.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the
department and with other departments.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in
patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies. Documents
goals on the Interdisciplinary Care Plan on admission of the
patient and provides updates regularly.
- Participates in educational staff performance improvement
in-services. Assists with orientation and in-service training for
certified department staff members. Participates in guidance and
- Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a
- Participates in infection control, departmental equipment
training, and organizational safety and fire safety
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current licensure as an Occupational Therapist in the state
where the hospital is located.
- Previous experience in all aspects of occupational therapy
preferred, but not required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English with
additional languages preferred
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Fort Worth , Occupational Therapist - Full Time, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!