Air Pollution Equipment Maintenance Engineer
Company: Cherokee Federal
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Industrial Maintenance Engineer will Coordinate Operations and
Maintenance of Air Pollution Control Devices in an
industrial/Manufacturing environment. They will support the
Environmental Engineering Branch (EEB) [Federal] include operations
and preventative maintenance of all BEF WCF Air Pollution Control
Devices (APCDs) and preparing time, cost, materials and labor
estimates for various construction/maintenance related projects,
and other duties as needed to support the EEB mission and
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Responsible for safe, clean, efficient and successful operation
and preventative maintenance of all APCDs at the BEF WCF during
* Ensures that all ACPDs are operating in compliance with all
applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, codes, and
* Coordinates work activities of technicians overseeing ACPDs
during the evening, night, and weekend work shifts
* Tracks and completes all environmental compliance reporting,
inspection, and permitting requirements. Enters all data required
for keeping the EEB Environmental Management System up to date.
* Tracks maintenance schedules for all BEP WCF APCDs.
* Prepares estimates used by management for planning, organizing,
and scheduling work;
* Prepares estimates or selecting vendors or subcontractors and
reviewing material and labor requirements to determine the most
cost-effective way of performing the work.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Coordinates schedules of technicians monitoring the APCDs during
evening, night, and weekend work shifts.
*EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE*
* Bachelor's Degree related to A CPDs management, such as an
electrical or mechanical engineer, and over (4) years of experience
in environmental air pollution compliance support.
* (6) Six years' work experience may be substituted for a
* (4) years' work experience may substitute for an Associates
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES*
* Requires advanced knowledge in the area of general construction
including carpentry, plumbing, electrical and painting.
* Five years of industrial maintenance experience such as
electrical, plumbing, carpentry and painting and experience with
air pollution control devices (regenerative thermal oxidizer, wet
scrubbers, baghouse and cyclones) or similar equipment.
* Knowledge of construction methods.
* Knowledge of Federal contracting requirements preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to
make presentations and respond to inquiries by management, team,
vendors and/or customers.
* Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of
* Demonstrated customer service, common sense, problem solving and
* Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle
numerous projects at the same time.
* Ability to pass a U.S. Treasury Department Tier 1 background
check for long-term access to the BEP WCF.
* Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and background
investigation prior to hire.
Work is performed in the Western Currency Facility and will be a
mixture of a climate-controlled office environment and non-climate
controlled industrial environment.
\* See full job description on the Cherokee Federal Career
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Fort Worth, TX 76148: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Are you able to obtain a Public Trust clearance that requires a
clean background, good credit, and US citizenship?
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Cherokee Federal, Fort Worth , Air Pollution Equipment Maintenance Engineer, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!