Mortgage Loan Officer (Full Time) - Museum Place
Company: Prosperity Bank
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- A pre-employment credit check will be performed on all
- How to apply: Please apply through Prosperity Bank's Career
Center at and to find more job opportunities with our company.
Please note by not applying through the Prosperity Bank Career
Center website may cause a delay in the consideration of your
application for this position. Please also note these instructions
on how to apply do not apply to current Prosperity Bank
The Mortgage Loan Officer will be responsible for receiving,
reviewing, and evaluating consumer mortgage loan requests following
a Fair Lending process. Discusses mortgage related facts with
applicants concerning the ability to repay; explains bank credit
policies; and to obtain financial documentation to underwrite the
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional
completion of assigned loan functions.
- Interviews, takes applications, and processes preliminary
documentation on loan requests. Discusses loan alternatives, credit
criteria, interest rates, and loan documentation in such a manner
as to elicit positive responses from customers.
- Analyzes and evaluates loan requests and prepares written
submission for consideration by approving authority. Identifies
problems or potential problems with credit information and
coordinates with the necessary party to resolve the problems.
- Completes lending functions in accordance with established Bank
policies and legal requirements.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective and professional business relations with customers and
- Answers questions and resolves requests.
- Meets with applicants whose loans are denied and explains
reasons and alternatives.
- Maintains and projects the Bank's professional reputation.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective communication, coordination, and working relations with
Bank personnel and with management.
- Assists Mortgage Processor personnel and provides support as
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any
- Completes required reports and records.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or
- Stays informed regarding changes in lending standards and
related legal requirements.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well
High school graduate, advance degree is preferred
Knowledge of Bank consumer mortgage lending policies, and
procedures. Understanding of financial analysis and determination
of credit worthiness. NMLS certified.
3 to 5 years of consumer and consumer mortgage lending
The Mortgage Loan Officer will be primarily responsible for
generating and underwriting new loans for consumer mortgage loans.
This position will close approved loans for the portfolio only or
will close secondary market and portfolio loans. Assist in the
marketing activities for the Bank through involvement in the
community. The successful candidate will have an advanced knowledge
and understanding of consumer and mortgage lending practices with
three to five years of experience. A strong background in financial
and credit analysis is desirable including excellent communication
and PC skills in Word and Excel.
Excellent communication and public relations skills. Financial
analytical skills. Solid interviewing skills. Able to use related
computer applications and business machines.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Keywords: Prosperity Bank, Fort Worth , Mortgage Loan Officer (Full Time) - Museum Place, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!