Certification Engineer III
Company: Recaro Aircraft Seating Americas, Inc.
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Position Summary: The Certification Engineer III is responsible for
working with the internal program team, installers, suppliers, FAA,
EASA and designees to research and to plan and execute large and
small scale certification programs. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be
- Develop and execute certification programs.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable CFR and CS 21, 23 and 25
- Ability to work alone with FAA/EASA designees, without
supervision in developing cert basis and certification plans.
- Interface with regulatory agencies (FAA/EASA/Other) for
coordination and approvals.
- Liaison with airlines, FAA/EASA and suppliers to ensure timely
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date certification records.
- Develop tools, as necessary, to track deliverables, testing,
compliance findings, to assure on-time completion of the
- Reduce risks on programs by providing Risk Management reviews
and surfacing issues real-time and providing risk assessment
- Technically coordinate testing and adherence to schedule to
support final certification.
- Aid in developing standardization of certification
- Liaison with industry working group for rule making.
- Follow company's internal processes.
- Train / Mentor new engineers in compliance finding.
- Support quoting and work scope for new business and forecast
- Approval of TSO/ETSO compliance documents.
Education/Experience:A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in
Engineering is required preferably in Aerospace / Mechanical /
other engineering with at least 6 years' experience in aircraft
interior products or Master's degree in Engineering preferably in
Aerospace / Mechanical / other engineering with at least 4 years'
experience in aircraft interior products.Technical Skills and
- Aircraft Interior certification experience in TSO/ETSO product
testing is a must.
- Strong Project Management skills related to certification with
the ability to establish track and maintain schedules from multiple
suppliers or on multiple projects.
- Risk Management skills; ability to review current
issues/program status and identify and manage project risks. Apply
expertise in certification and testing in problem solving.
- Exceptional organizational skills, self-motivation, a sense of
urgency and sensitivity to deadlines, and detail-oriented style are
- Ability to work within or lead teams when required,
- Superior verbal and written communication skills is
- Ability to work independently and track multiple projects is
- Have the ability to work with both domestic and international
regulatory compliance offices and form good working
- Keep up-to-date with Industry guidance and develop new means of
compliance, when applicable.
- Prior experience in a technical leadership is
Keywords: Recaro Aircraft Seating Americas, Inc., Fort Worth , Certification Engineer III, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!