Design Engineer II
Company: Recaro Aircraft Seating Americas, Inc.
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Position Summary: Completes more advanced activities of design
engineering, including designing aircraft seats and components in
compliance with FAA regulations, and customer and OEM requirements.
To effectively work as a Design Engineer II, one must have obtained
a higher degree of advanced knowledge and understanding of aircraft
seating manufacturing and processes. In addition to completing
piece part and assembly design using CATIA Version 4 and 5,
including 3D modeling and drawing drafting, one must have the
ability and knowledge to present and effectively participate in
customer meetings to advise customers on drawings.Essential Duties
and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be
- Utilizing knowledge of CAD 2D/3D systems (CATIA v5), design
aircraft seats and components that meet customer expectations and
are in conformance to applicable regulations. This includes the
detail design of complex sheet metal, machined, cast or forged
metal components, as well as injection molded or vacuum formed
- Generate 2D drawings based on created 3D models, using standard
aerospace drafting practices, as well as in house drafting
- Responds to concerns of customers by making design changes in
seat design and components in a manner that meets customer
expectations and are in conformance with applicable
- Participates in design meetings with project engineers to
discuss engineering issues, including design changes and requests
- Supports Purchasing and Production by providing the necessary
documentation to support sourcing of parts.
- Interfaces with outside suppliers in the design process.
- Effectively participates and contributes in telecoms with
overseas engineers and program management by applying manufacturing
engineering knowledge, discussing manufacturing issues, and also
suggesting potential seat development topics and innovations.
- Assists in creating bills of material for aircraft seat
components and assemblies.
- Verifies use of appropriate materials according to their usage
on the seat (Primary Load Path/Secondary Load Path)
- Assists in creating design change notification documents.
- Creates presentations outlining design direction and/or design
- Familiar in the use of CFR, EASA CS, (E)TSO regulations, as
well as the use of parts lists with high variant diversity is a
- Must have advanced knowledge and understanding of engineering
concepts and aircraft seat manufacturing processes, in order to
assure that the appropriate manufacturing procedures are utilized
to meet the requirements of individualized client
- Knowledge of PLM based database systems such as Teamcenter,
Agile or Enovia is required.
Education/Experience:Bachelor's Degree required in a relevant
Engineering field with 3-5 years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience in the design of Aircraft interiors is desired.
- Knowledge about aircraft documentation systems for after sales
(CMM, SB) and aircraft configuration control systems is desired.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in CATIA v5 or similar is
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, etc.) is required.PI202017353
Keywords: Recaro Aircraft Seating Americas, Inc., Fort Worth , Design Engineer II, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!